shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinion on princess urgently!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone

Could you please provide me with your opinion on this princess as soon as humanly possilbe. If it´s a good one I´m going to purchase it tomorrow. I don ´t know how to attach more than one picture in a post so I will post the aset, ideal scope and magnification in seperate posts.

Here are the sarin specs and the aset

Weight- .958 cts
Width- 5.37mm
Length - 5.52 mm
L/W Ration - 1.03
Total Depth 4.03mm 75%
Pavillion Depth - 3.26mm 60.7%
Pavillion Angle - 63.8· (40.1·-40.4·)
Crown Height - .68mm 12.7%
Crown Angle- 31.7· (31.2· -32.1·)
Table Size - (3.25 - 3.38 mm) (61.8%-61.8%)
Girdle Thickness- .79%-2.34% .05-.15mm
Table Off Center- .04mm .7%
Cutlet off center- .4% (L:0.4% W .01%

VS2
G Colour

aset212.JPG

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
Here is the Ideal Scope of the princess

ideal212.JPG

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
Here is the 40x magnification

micro212.JPG

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good.

EDT:
Do you have the report?

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
And Finally here is the AGS Cert

Should I be concerned about the cavities plotted on the cert?

cert214.JPG

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 5:39:02 AM
Author: trentfrog
And Finally here is the AGS Cert

Should I be concerned about the cavities plotted on the cert?

Probably not as it is a VS2 and the grade setting inclusions is the crystal, the cavity is only the least significant of the inclusions, so very small.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
Here is a close up of the plot info.

plotting212.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any more images of the diamond itself and are you considering any others?

A cavity is a polite word for hole, I would ask Bob or one of the other experts from this vendor ( assuming the vendor is who I think it is) to check the diamond out concerning this.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
Sorry but I don´t have any other pictures of the diamond and I´m not considering any others. I would like like search to be over!!!!!!!!! I will talk to the vendor.

Should I be concerned? It´s VS2 so I´m assuming that you won´t see the cavity without super magnification and it´s graded at AGS0. Could they cavity affect the appearance or durabilty of the diamond?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2009 6:43:31 AM
Author: trentfrog
Sorry but I don´t have any other pictures of the diamond and I´m not considering any others. I would like like search to be over!!!!!!!!! I will talk to the vendor.

Should I be concerned? It´s VS2 so I´m assuming that you won´t see the cavity without super magnification and it´s graded at AGS0. Could they cavity affect the appearance or durabilty of the diamond?
Ok no problem, you did ask for opinions of this diamond and I feel the diamond looks a bit dark in the photo so that is why I asked if you have any others in mind. It could however be the result of the photo set up, it looks ok in ASET and IS. With the cavities, definitely ask the vendor if they pose any kind of issue - it is unlikely but best to check.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
ASET looks good, and it seems to have nice contrast from the pics, I like a good strong X pattern in the center, plus it got AGS0. I remember you referring to this rock in an earlier thread...I think it''s a good one. Except for the "cavity" - I have no idea what it means in terms of durability or value. If it''s VS clarity, I assume it won''t be visible to the naked eye. But "cavity" makes me think of laser drilling for clarity enhancement, which can create a structural problem. Just confirm that it''s not clarity enhanced or otherwise problematic, and it should be good to go.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to update everyone on this stone. I´m excited to say that I bought the dimond. I discussed the cavity with the jewller and was assured that it will cause no problems. Now on to the horror of picking out a setting!

Thanks for all of your help in making this desicion.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Great! I''m glad the cavity turned out not to be a problem. It''s a really nice princess - enjoy it! What kind of setting are you thinking of?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news and congrats!!

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/25/2009 8:57:52 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Great! I''m glad the cavity turned out not to be a problem. It''s a really nice princess - enjoy it! What kind of setting are you thinking of?
Well, I know I´m getting a 4 prong 3/4 eternity wedding band. Just trying to decide on the engagement ring style. I know I don´t want a solitare. I´m thinking some small sidestones on either side. But not channel set. I guess all that´s left is bead set or 4 prong like the weding band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results