shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinion: Cushion Brilliant with cavity

Valerierachel

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I’m new to this forum so I apologize ahead of time for my lack of knowledge. We have been looking for a diamond for the past month and I finally found one I love. Unfortunately, after doing a bit of research I found that the diamond may have been a poor decision. It has a cavity and I’m unsure of the cut characteristics. The GIA number is 1166780314. https://www.gia.edu/UK-EN/report-check?reportno=1166780314

I love the diamond in person but want to make sure there won’t be durability issues or any issues with dirt/oil getting stuck inside.

Thank you in advance for all of your help!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wary of an SI2 with a cavity, but am not an expert on cushions so I cant guess at cut quality. With most fancy cuts you need videos/pictures to know if a stone is good, and largely can't go off of promotions. Do you have any pictures of the stone/

Valerierachel

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I’m new to this forum so I apologize ahead of time for my lack of knowledge. We have been looking for a diamond for the past month and I finally found one I love. Unfortunately, after doing a bit of research I found that the diamond may have been a poor decision. It has a cavity and I’m unsure of the cut characteristics. The GIA number is 1166780314. https://www.gia.edu/UK-EN/report-check?reportno=1166780314

I love the diamond in person but want to make sure there won’t be durability issues or any issues with dirt/oil getting stuck inside.

Thank you in advance for all of your help!!
I'm wary of an SI2 with a cavity, but am not an expert on cushions so I cant guess at cut quality. With most fancy cuts you need videos/pictures to know if a stone is good, and largely can't go off of promotions. Do you have any pictures of the stone/

I do but they are not professional. Only pictures I took in the store - would that be helpful?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do but they are not professional. Only pictures I took in the store - would that be helpful?
Not really--unless they are very close up or detailed it likely won't be of much help.

Valerierachel

Rough_Rock
I didn’t think so. I appreciate the guidance!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results