shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Opinion and Next Step Advice

Andres714

Rough_Rock
So I really like this rock below, its .81 ct, Color E, Ideal and around $3700. The idelscope and images look pretty good and I was thinking about possibly getting it.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2355083.htm

Also, I was curios on advice if I were to get it. I already have my setting so I would have to send it to whiteflash for them to mount, but dont I need to get it appraised first for insurance or can that be done when its already mounted. Also how do I go about getting it appraised? I live in central/western florida and do not know of any reputable appraisers. Should I send it the the appraiser before I buy it as well?

Thanks for the help,

Andres

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good.

IMHO, you only need to send it to an appraiser loose if you are unsure of what is really being sold to you. WF and their ACA is not an unknown. You can send it to the appraiser the mounted stone, he can then verify the stone is as sold to you, the setting is well done and give you an replacement value estimate for the piece.

Or you can have the stone send loose to the appraiser, usually they will have a discounted rate for the finish product appraisal if the stone is the same.

WF can directly send to the appraiser of your choosing.
https://www.pricescope.com/appraiser/map
I would choose Richard Sherwood, he is based in Sarasota, in your neighborhood and post frequently on PS.

Andres714

Rough_Rock
Thanks Stone Cold, another thing I'm debating is that I still have about 3 months to I pop the question. I'm just not sure if this is considered a good deal or if I should just wait a while and see what else is out there. I've only been looking for about 2-3 weeks now.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
WF is competitively priced but the ACAs do carry a premium. Have you considered one of their ES stones? With diamonds unfortunately they are expensive and it's hard to get a 'good deal'...you get what you pay for. You can certainly stretch your dollar more online.

additionally you could go lower in color to save some $$.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andres714 said:
Thanks Stone Cold, another thing I'm debating is that I still have about 3 months to I pop the question. I'm just not sure if this is considered a good deal or if I should just wait a while and see what else is out there. I've only been looking for about 2-3 weeks now.

Depends on what you are looking for, color and clarity could certainly be lowered for a bigger stone, searching for none H&A stone, but in general price is rising from the trend of the past few months.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results