shape
carat
color
clarity

need new dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone worked with romanticgowns.com before? Here is a Link.

If you have other places you can suggest for dresses on a budget (I''d like to keep the price at under $500) or where to get a nice pattern for a DIY, that info would be a help too.

I''m questioning the dress I already have (my grandmother bought it years ago). I love the style (long train, beading, lace) but I don''t think it is right for me -- especially since we are looking at an outdoor wedding.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 1:46:38 PM
Author:TooPatient

If you have other places you can suggest for dresses on a budget (I''d like to keep the price at under $500) or where to get a nice pattern for a DIY, that info would be a help too.

I''m questioning the dress I already have (my grandmother bought it years ago). I love the style (long train, beading, lace) but I don''t think it is right for me -- especially since we are looking at an outdoor wedding.
TP - Have you looked at preownedweddingdresses.com and oncewed.com ?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2010 2:31:51 PM
Author: winelover23

I''m there now. These both feel a lot more business like that romanticgowns.com.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Could you get the initial dress made over more to your specifications? Jsut an idea -- alterations might be less $$$ than a whole new gown

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know much about bridal gowns (I''m not getting married in one), but their prices seem really cheap. Maybe too cheap?
33.gif

What style are you looking for, TooPatient?

And congrats on the engagement
9.gif
I don''t think I posted on your other thread (bad lilyfoot!)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2010 3:17:43 PM
Author: lilyfoot

I don''t know much about bridal gowns (I''m not getting married in one), but their prices seem really cheap. Maybe too cheap?
33.gif

What style are you looking for, TooPatient?

And congrats on the engagement
9.gif
I don''t think I posted on your other thread (bad lilyfoot!)
Too cheap and a big push for people to open stores/websites and sell for them...

I just dug up the brides against breast cancer website too. That looks like an interesting option. They''ll be in my area this summer.

The original is very lacy with a long train. The lace seems a bit discolored in areas from storage. It might be possible to have the dress altered (change neckline, replace lace from skirt, remove/modify sleeves, add bustling) but if I do this, I need to figure out what I am looking for before taking it to someone.

I always wanted a long train, lots of poof to the skirt, lace, delicate beading, fitted at the waist dress with short/full sleeves. Now I''m second guessing that. I''ve seen some gorgeous mermaid style (I''m slowly learning the terminology), sleeveless, etc. dresses on different sites.

The consistent parts: fitted bust/waist (no shapeless blob stuff) and full length.
Mostly like (but have seen stuff without these that I like): train, full skirt (not fitted to legs)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
TP, have you considered going to David''s Bridal and trying stuff on? They carry such a huge range of styles-more than are on their website-and the price is right in line with yours.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2010 3:52:04 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
TP, have you considered going to David''s Bridal and trying stuff on? They carry such a huge range of styles-more than are on their website-and the price is right in line with yours.
I need to do that. I also plan to go to the breast cancer dress event this July.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
TP, when''s your wedding date?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2010 3:58:46 PM
Author: lilyfoot
TP, when''s your wedding date?
summer 2011. Most likely July.

I have to mark a calendar with school stuff (wedding + finals week = bad idea) and holidays (don''t want to accidentally pick Yom Kippur).

After that, I''d like to see which of the possible dates have reasonably reliable good weather (outdoor wedding) and if any of them have vaguely sane sundown times so we can have an evening/sundown ceremony & candlelight reception.

I should have my school schedule verified on Monday so we''ll pick a final date next week.

I''m planning to do a lot of DIY so I want to get an early start on things. Right now I''m just looking at dress styles (and will probably go in to try some on soon) but unless I find a GREAT price, I plan to wait a bit longer before purchasing.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Also sample gowns...I tried on a few that were in the $350 range for stores that sold $700-1000 regular priced dresses.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 3:52:04 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

David''s Bridal would be my suggestion too. Check out their website- they''ve got a decent selection of gowns under $500. You can also purchase some styles online.

Also- you may check eBay... sometimes unworn dresses end up there at reasonable prices.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I''m REALLY liking these sites.

If only there was some way to wear more than one at a time.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely give David''s Bridal a try. You can find some real gems there... I know I did. Twice...
4.gif
Also, a lot of the dresses look a lot better in person than they do on the website. I went to find pictures of my dresses on the site and I was totally turned off. I never would have given them a moment''s thought if the web was all I had to go on.

farfrompro

Rough_Rock
recycledbride.com and weddingbee.com are great sites too.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 5:40:49 PM
Author: TooPatient

how true.. I feel that way about jewelry too - choices are hard! :)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 5:40:49 PM
Author: TooPatient

I''m REALLY liking these sites.

Well, not two at a time, but how about one for the ceremony, and another for the reception
11.gif

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Have you tried looking on etsy.com? They have some wonderful dressmakers there.I might even be getting my bridesmaids dresses there.

Here is a link to the person I''m looking at,she has great gowns too.

Etsy Link

E B

Ideal_Rock
When you say a lot of poof, do you mean pick-ups?

You could have cap sleeves made for it later, if you wanted to.

Impression 2875

Or...

DaVinci 8212 (Better photo here.)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2010 3:03:50 PM
Author: E B
When you say a lot of poof, do you mean pick-ups?

You could have cap sleeves made for it later, if you wanted to.

Impression 2875

Or...

DaVinci 8212 (Better photo here.)
I ran into a pick-up I really like on oncewed.com

The Impression 2875 is amazing too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results