shape
carat
color
clarity

Need kitty litter recs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

annadragon

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been using a Littermaid automatic scooper for a few years now. Was using Tidy Cat brand in part because of the time:effort:price equation it worked. I could get a 35lbs bucket, only have to muck out the litter box after the cats over-saturated it and it was mostly hunky-dory. My local pet store stopped carrying the economy size Tidy Cat
7.gif

I asked an employee about kitty litter that would be compatible with my Littermaid. He directed me to use the Feline Pine, said they had a guy who used it for his 5 boxes and never had a complaint. I was a bit incredulous but bought a bag anyway. Much to my dismay, it does NOT work at all with the automatic scooper
38.gif
It does however, do a great job at keeping odors at bay. It just obviates my need for an electronic litter box.
So back to local Petco I go. This time another person tells me people like the crystals or this other brand called "Worlds Best Cat Litter". I had tried crystals back before the automatic scooper and was not impressed by them at all, in terms of absorption, clumping or odor containment. I opted for the seemingly obsequious "Worlds Best".
Had to go out of town this weekend, litter box is now broken (might be repairable) and the house smelled to high heavens, but I''ll be darned if this isn''t the most absorptive and clumping litter I''ve ever encountered!
23.gif

For those of you with automatic scoopers what brand litter do you use?

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
For auto scoopers you need a clumping cat litter or it won''t work well. Feline pine doesn''t clump just absorbs. I use arm and hammer multicat and works great, plus it never seems to take on that cat litter smell!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I love my World''s Best Cat Litter for odor, clumping, and absorption, but use a regular box, so I don''t have any idea how it may work with an automatic box...but your experience doesn''t seem great! Sorry! Hopeing other feline enthusiasts can help out.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 3:03:35 PM
Author: audball
I love my World''s Best Cat Litter for odor, clumping, and absorption, but use a regular box, so I don''t have any idea how it may work with an automatic box...but your experience doesn''t seem great! Sorry! Hopeing other feline enthusiasts can help out.
Ditto. We''ve tried many brands, and that one clumps and eliminates odor best!

annadragon

Shiny_Rock
RHB I''ll give that Arm & Hammer brand a whirl.

Aud and Elle, I wonder if I got a bad bag of the Worlds Best cause the smell was horrendous!
14.gif
40.gif

::Back to the Petco::

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 3:37:20 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Ditto. We''ve tried many brands, and that one clumps and eliminates odor best!
Thritto. We only use World''s Best Cat Litter.

Anna--I wonder if you did get a bad batch or something, because this litter is seriously THE BEST!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I just use regular boxes and I''m interested in "world''s best cat litter" based on your recommendations. Did your cats just take to it naturally or did you have to introduce it gradually?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Me too - I love World''s Best because it''s flushable!

I used to have an automatic box, however, and when I had it, I used Arm & Hammer clumping litter. Worked fine though cleaning that litter box and such was such a massive pain that I switched to a regular box eventually. I would think World''s Best should work, though, since it''s also a clumping litter.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 5:22:28 PM
Author: lulu
I just use regular boxes and I''m interested in ''world''s best cat litter'' based on your recommendations. Did your cats just take to it naturally or did you have to introduce it gradually?

I think it may be different depending on the cat. My kittens are super easygoing about litter. They were on Tidy Cat with the breeder, then Arm & Hammer when they came to me. I switched them to World''s Best all at once, no problem. Went home for break and switched them back to A&H, no problem. Came back to WB, no problem. So they''re pretty easy. But if you want to be safe, you can try introducing it gradually.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ours use fresh step, and only fresh step... little buggers. They also eat only purina kitten chow, regardless of what evo/blue buffalo/felidae flavours I offer.

My folks have fresh step and an auto scooper and it''s never been an issue.

Hope you find something that works soon!
39.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My cats hated Worlds Best. We''ve tried Feline Pine... and a few others. Scoop Away is what we use. It works with automatics too.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What''s World''s Best Cat Litter?

And Gypsy, how do you know your cats hated it?
5.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 11:45:53 PM
Author: CJ2008
What''s World''s Best Cat Litter?

And Gypsy, how do you know your cats hated it?
5.gif

It''s a corn-based litter, rather than clay-based (like Arm & Hammer)

Link

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 1:58:28 PM
Author: rhbgirl24
For auto scoopers you need a clumping cat litter or it won''t work well. Feline pine doesn''t clump just absorbs. I use arm and hammer multicat and works great, plus it never seems to take on that cat litter smell!
This is what I used when I had cats, and I think it''s a miracle litter. I never smelled anything
21.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Fresh Step because it really works for odors and clumps tight.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
We use EverClean with activated charcoal. There are other varieties of EverClean, but this one is the BEST. It''s incredible at clumping, we''ve never had trouble with any odors (except when kitty forgets to cover his mess...), and we''ve never noticed dust tracks anywhere. I''ve thought about switching because it''s a bit pricey and is a clay-based litter, and I''d prefer a more natural one, but this works so well that I''ve stuck with it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results