shape
carat
color
clarity

Need insight into this idealscope photo

sully

Rough_Rock
Hello,

The cut is excellent and the measurements certainly suggest it would be....
Unfortunately, I do not know how to read this image.
I assume it's the photos fault and not the diamond for the blank space.
FYI, HCA score 1.4

The image quality is not the best.

Many Thanks!!!!! IMG_0861.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
Hi there, maybe an expert can chime in about the IS. Some arrows appear lightened.

Just so you know, not all True Hearts are created equal - I've seen some that have obvious leakage.

sully

Rough_Rock
Interesting. I guess I just want to know it’s a decent diamond as it’s being shipped. So be gentle. Lol.
table 55
Crown 35
Pavilion 40.8
Depth 61.8
Star 45
3 girdle
H VS2
HCA 1.4
Thanks Very much.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I do not see any fault. The variation of gray/black & pink/red is what I expect from strong light & minute tilt of the stone [SW/NE].

2c

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K or @Garry H (Cut Nut) can you comment further on the arrows?

I've never seen a grey arrow on an IS image. I've seen translucent arrows in actual photos, and it was my understanding this was because the pavilion angle was too steep. In particular, perhaps a 41.2 angle that is a tipping point for leakage or partial leakage anyhow.

However, on an IS image I would have expected to see a light red/pink arrow as opposed to grey.

With the above logic, the arrows in the 8 & 9 o'clock positions would be more inline with what I would expect to see. The grey arrow at 2 o'clock is just bizarre to me.

I should clarify that I understand the black is obstruction of the camera/head over the diamond. I am thinking since some of these arrows appear normal, the others may have potential issues.

Am I overthinking it?

Edited to Add:
Link of example diamond with steep pavilion & translucent arrows.

CaptureTranslucent.PNG

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
image/setup problem unless Garry says otherwise.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K or @Garry H (Cut Nut) can you comment further on the arrows?

I've never seen a grey arrow on an IS image. I've seen translucent arrows in actual photos, and it was my understanding this was because the pavilion angle was too steep. In particular, perhaps a 41.2 angle that is a tipping point for leakage or partial leakage anyhow.

However, on an IS image I would have expected to see a light red/pink arrow as opposed to grey.

With the above logic, the arrows in the 8 & 9 o'clock positions would be more inline with what I would expect to see. The grey arrow at 2 o'clock is just bizarre to me.

I should clarify that I understand the black is obstruction of the camera/head over the diamond. I am thinking since some of these arrows appear normal, the others may have potential issues.

Am I overthinking it?

Edited to Add:
Link of example diamond with steep pavilion & translucent arrows.

CaptureTranslucent.PNG

The arrow at 2 oclock is lit up due to uneven lighting from the back probably because of tilt. The arrows are grey because at the distance from the stone the idealscope was used, the arrows are reflecting at the edge of the black eye piece and the red. I find this more commonly in FIC stones which have IS that is less forgiving to tilt when photographing. If the idealscope was held a bit closer when taking the photo, the arrows would be a solid black.

edit: You can see that the arrows generally on the left are faded where the ones are on the right are well obstructed, and this tilt leads to the illuminated arrow at 2

Last edited:

sully

Rough_Rock
Thank you kindly, everyone.

FYI: 6.75-6.79 x 4.18
1.16 ct

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results