shape
carat
color
clarity

Need ideas for pot-luck dish!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
I am going with my boyfriend to his extended family''s Christmas get-together tomorrow night. They have a traditional Christmas dinner with turkey. Everyone brings a side dish or two, and/or a dessert. Any ideas on something yummy yet relatively easy I can take? Without knowing what everyone else is bringing, it''s making it hard. I''d hate to bring in the 5th green bean casserole!

I also have to take something to his immediate family''s on Christmas Day AND to My family''s on Christmas Eve, so ALL ideas are welcome!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I often take this dish that is a little unusual.... they are provencal stuffed tomatoes - you cut tomatoes in half, de-seed, and make a stuffing out of bread (I like sourdough but you can use french) and green onion and other things and top with gruyere cheese and cook for just 15 minutes.... if you get littleish tomatoes you can fit a ton in a pan and they're always a hit because they're good and they're not common.... plus they're red with white and green LOL I dunno if tomatoes are exactly a christmas sidedish though!! LMAO!! If you're interested I can get the recipe...

ETA - theyre good at room temp too so as long as you don't overcook them they're yummy to just pick one up and eat with your fingers when you sneak in the kitchen later lol- though usually they're all gone unless I make it at home.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results