shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ski

Rough_Rock
I bought a .90 round, SI1, E color from Blue Nile last week for $3600. It looks great! I'm just wondering if I spend too much. Any info would be helpful. I'm new to this.

Sorry I forgot to attach price. I was told by a local jeweler that to get a good diamond I would have to spend around 7000, that seemed steep to me.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
No, you didn't spend too much! Sounds like you like your ring - enjoy.

3.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Kind of hard to tell how your price compares when you don't have a price included.

As I see it, Blue Nile is a BIT more expensive than some other vendors, but cheaper than most B&M stores (at least in NY), and so you probably got a gret stone at a good price. Is there a better price out there, maybe, but I doubt the stone will be the SAME. It's an emotional purchase, you did well, and remember it's a symbol, so enjoy it, now that you bought it! Congrats and good luck!!! (Please post pictures!)

ski

Rough_Rock
the price was 3600. sorry, I'm still figuring this all out. Thanks

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ski, some details not included in you description of the stone would make allot of difference: is this some premium cut or not? BN has different quality grades for cut quality, down from 'signature' to 'fair' and surely those stone get nad deserve different prices - so this could be either a bargain or a rip off!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Well, I know absolutely nothing about your stone's cut, so if you had a Sarin report on the Crown angle, pavillion angle, etc, that would determine your cut.

Here's a stone that is Hearts and Arrows from GOG:
.90ct, F, SI1 H&A stone for $5,026

Every stone has so many parameters that determine price, from color, clarity, carat weight, and even the cut, which can determine if it looks large for it's weight or small, and you are really paying for the weight under the face of the stone that is hidden under prongs anyway...

Why even quantify the price. If you like it, you could afford it, then enjoy it and give it with the best of intentions and the most sincerity and love... Good luck!!!

ski

Rough_Rock
Here are the specs:

Round Brilliant
6.19-6.24x3.73
.90 carat
Depth - 60.0%
Table - 62%
Girdle - Slightly thick to thick, faceted
Culet - none
Polish - excellent
symmetry - very good
Clarity - SI1
color - E
Flourescence - med. blue

Thanks for any help/suggestions. When I searched BN I only searched for stones that were good or very good as far as cut goes. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results