shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with wedding band-maybe new setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennyt

Rough_Rock
Happy Holidays everyone!

Last year, I used this site for research before my (then boyfriend, now fiance) purchased a lovely engagement ring from whiteflash. It''s a one carat, ideal cut, I-color, SI1. Since Jan 05 it has remained in its original setting-the classic Tiffany 6-prong in white gold. It''s comfortable and has worn well-I am open to keeping the engagement ring as is. The problem? No wedding band seems to sit flush against the setting, and I really don''t like the way it looks next to a band. I also want to be able to wear theband alone, so I do not want one that bends to fit an engagement ring.

My preference for a wedding band is a thin eternity style. Any ideas?? I like this one from Abazias:http://www.abazias.com/database/NewJewelryInfo.asp?stock=R8858-wb. Any idea how that would look next to my current setting? Abazias also carries a matching engagement ring. Does anyone know if they will set stones purchased elsewhere?

Honestly, my preference would probably be to go thru WF again, but they don''t seem to have what I am looking for in the under 1k pricerange.

I am open to ideas!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Is this the knife-edge setting that SC makes the awesome replica of? I ask because Demelza has that setting (the SC) and she has recently been deciding on a band to wear with it. (She has the matching w-ring, too... but was just looking for "more bling"
2.gif
options.)

Here are a few threads to keep you busy for awhile. LOTS of great pictures and eye candy there - you should get lots of ideas!

Hope this helps!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
You might try signed pieces. They list the width and depth of their eternity bands and have several in the $1000 range. I hope that finding a band that is less deep will allow it to slip right under the head of the stone and flush with your e-ring. Some of theirs are only about 1.5 mm high (in depth) which is pretty low, for lack of a better term. I had a similar concern myself at one time and I can tell you how rare (and nice) it is that signed pieces lists these dimensions. It is also highly recommended on this site, and seems to have very good prices. I think an eternity band will look fantastic with your setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results