shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with Harry Winston Cushion Micropave!!!

AngelaMTT

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!
I've been a long time lurker but haven't posted anything on PriceScope yet :(sad This time, it's finally my turn and I really need help from you guys.
Last weekend, my bf brought me to Harry Winston and asked me to pick up a ring for engagement. I've long been in love with the cushion micropave so it's not a hard decision for the style. For the stone, I just received an email from the sales and it is a
1.9 carat, F, VS2,
cushion modified brilliant
Polish: excellent
Symmetry:VG
no fluorescence.
Table: 60
Depth: 68.2
Grindle: medium- thick faceted
Culet:none
Do you think this cushion worth purchasing? I know as a Pricescoper I shouldn't purchase from brands such as HW but I just can't stop loving it.
Thanks a lot!
screen_shot_2016-06-30_at_4.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, we can't tell anything about fancy cut stones by their numbers. We need up close pictures and aset images.
If you can get those, please post.

Congratulations on your up coming engagement!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this an actual Harry Winston diamond? One picked by them and put in their setting?

If so, you just have to see it and see if you like it. If you don't, ask them to call in others. They aren't going to provide you with the information we need to help you, they don't do that. They won't have magnified pictures, an ASET or anything else.

If it is not "the real thing" an actual HW piece, then that's different.

AngelaMTT

Rough_Rock
Hi Gypsy,
Thank you for your help.
It is an actual HW, but since it is a "work in progress", I would only be able to choose a diamond by its GIA certificate, make the deposit, and wait for 8 weeks for the work to complete. Does it mean that there would be no way for me to check how well the diamond's cut is at all?

AngelaMTT

Rough_Rock
Hi tyty333,
Thank you! I'm also feeling very excited about that.
I afraid HW won't provide anything other than the GIA report...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would never, ever, ever, choose a diamond without seeing it. Cushions are not all great, even at HW. Are you so in love with the brand name that you wouldn't rather have a nicer, larger diamond with an equal or higher quality setting? Seriously, we cannot tell you a single thing about the appearance of that diamond from the report alone.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to share something I noticed about two Harry Winston settings that looked at this week. I found the setting to be too high, for my preferences. It just seemed a little bit bulky.

If you are having them create the setting, specifically ask them to make the whole thing lower, if you want them to that is. I didn't take a side view pic of the emerald cut but same issue. However. I don't know how high they set the halo. Did you consider that?

_4581.jpeg

_4582.jpeg

_4583.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
AngelaMTT|1467337927|4050324 said:
Hi Gypsy,
Thank you for your help.
It is an actual HW, but since it is a "work in progress", I would only be able to choose a diamond by its GIA certificate, make the deposit, and wait for 8 weeks for the work to complete. Does it mean that there would be no way for me to check how well the diamond's cut is at all?

No, I'm sorry Angela. I can't tell you anything except Harry Winston usually has really lovely stones, so... since you are paying for the premium you are going to have to trust them.

Did you ask if there was a way you could either: see the stone in person before choosing it? Or for them to send you pictures?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results