shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with first moissanite purchase please

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can also warmly suggest JYBJEWELS. I have bought my first and only moissanite from her, and I really like it. My moissanite is “only” the near colorless one, but I think it would be a G color, so it’s completely ok for me.

I’m sure the stones of ericad are also beautiful, I may have a look at them!!

Here are a few pictures of my moissanite:
430D6C75-FB89-46EB-A976-6297188EDC7D.jpeg A5CCC386-3DC3-41C5-90D1-147309E322EE.jpeg 006C0612-C64A-4784-8F54-F51B349A4D19.jpeg

That is an absolutely beautiful ring! If I don't get bored with the one I just bought I will invest in one from JYB for certain, I just didn't want to commit and then end up not wearing you know?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dkata WOW that's a gorgeous ring! Please post more pictures.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_6036.JPG
Aww, heck. I'll come out of the moissanite closet. I have this summer white, 8.5mm OMC from Schubach's set in platinum. I love it for when I want to go big bling!
Love your ring @dkata ..something about these cushions...

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've found the newer brands of moissy are better cut than C&C, and they can be cut to whatever facet pattern you want. Less yellow or other off colors too.

Sorry to keep reposting this but here's my ring with late oec/transitional cut. It made me a believer in moissy! :lol:

received_695011257372152.jpeg received_695011254038819.jpeg
20171016_103051.jpg

Is there a thread on this ring? If not can you make one with LOTS of pics please? :love:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek I love your ring! The setting is gorgeous and the cushion moissanite is beautiful, I love the big bold facets!!

@kgizo thanks for your kind words. No thread yet as the ring is a work in progress (Caysie is still tweaking it a bit). But I have a video of the moissanites with my Whiteflash ACA solitaire.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mochiko42 Thank you! I adore those chunky pastels too! I must tell you, your three stone is so beautiful and the proportions are absolutely perfect. And it's looks really great on your hand!
Of course, your lovely ACA is no slouch either! It's pretty fab!:love:

glitterglitter

Rough_Rock
Premium
IMG_6036.JPG
Aww, heck. I'll come out of the moissanite closet. I have this summer white, 8.5mm OMC from Schubach's set in platinum. I love it for when I want to go big bling!

@Sandeek How do you like your Schubach OMC moissanite? Do you think it passes for a diamond? How does it perform in different lights? And is there any weird coloration (green tinges, etc)?

I also like the setting. Was it custom or one Schubach carries?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek How do you like your Schubach OMC moissanite? Do you think it passes for a diamond? How does it perform in different lights? And is there any weird coloration (green tinges, etc)?

I also like the setting. Was it custom or one Schubach carries?

Hi! I really love the OMC from Schubach's! I special ordered it to have this faceting since I so admired the AVCs with the Maltese cross. It never takes on any funky colors at all. Just luscious pastels and it's summer white. It never looks bad in any lighting! The platinum setting was custom for me but based on their Boston Bezel stock ring.
It's really a gorgeous moissy. The only thing for me is that I went a little too large (8.5mm) and I should have gone a little smaller for my life style. I have thought about selling it, even listing it for one day, but I am not sure I would find one with the same faceting I love. Hope that helps!

glitterglitter

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi! I really love the OMC from Schubach's! I special ordered it to have this faceting since I so admired the AVCs with the Maltese cross. It never takes on any funky colors at all. Just luscious pastels and it's summer white. It never looks bad in any lighting! The platinum setting was custom for me but based on their Boston Bezel stock ring.
It's really a gorgeous moissy. The only thing for me is that I went a little too large (8.5mm) and I should have gone a little smaller for my life style. I have thought about selling it, even listing it for one day, but I am not sure I would find one with the same faceting I love. Hope that helps!

I'm so glad to hear that it performs so beautifully. Did you special order the size? Or is your facet pattern custom cut and different from their standard OMCs? If it's different, would you be willing to share a video? Schubach is definitely a finalist for me and I must say that your stone is grabbing my attention more than some they have posted on their instagram... could be because it's cut differently!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@glitterglitter I ordered the specific size and faceting. At first they had one for me that was a much lower color and more of an ACC they said, which I didn't care for. They had changed the cut of their ACC after I had ordered. TBH, I waited about 8 months to get this perfect (to me) stone. I am not a huge fan of their policy of not selling loose stones though I am very impressed with the craftsmanship of this setting. They were very accommodating in making sure I got a stone I loved.
Here is a video I hope, which doesn't really show the stone very well. Let me look for another one...

Here you go...my stone is the second from left
https://instagram.com/p/BU-jneYjcjY/

Since I have a new piece being made with a smaller OEC, if you are at all interested, I might be persuaded to sell this one, since it is a little out of my comfort zone size wise. Let me know and I can put up a listing and we can talk outside of here.

ETA another video

Last edited:

glitterglitter

Rough_Rock
Premium
I appreciate the offer. My finger size is a 4.5 so I wouldn't go bigger than 7.5mm, and I'm a yellow gold girl, so it's not quite the right fit. But the stone is beautiful and the setting looks well made, too. I'm frustrated they don't sell loose stones either. I know they used to sell the CC Moissanites loose... Thank you so much for sharing the videos.

Where are you getting your OEC? (assuming it's also a moissanite)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@glitterglitter I totally understand. I am not sure if I could part with it anyway to be honest. I wish you much luck finding your dream stone and ring!

glitterglitter

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek It is really beautiful so it's tempting, but I hope you continue to enjoy it... Do you know where you are getting your OEC moissanite?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek It is really beautiful so it's tempting, but I hope you continue to enjoy it... Do you know where you are getting your OEC moissanite?

Thank you!
My OEC was a private party purchase. But if i were in the market, I'd get an AVR in a hot second!

Q

Queenie60

I would recommend the AVC moissanite. I have a 2.56 and it's beautiful.

Q

Queenie60

It looks beautiful on the hand and looks just as nice as a diamond. These are ideal cut stones. Check out his website, go to "rocks" and click on moissanite. He has many AVC moissanite's up for sale and I think he's still offering the March discount.

glitterglitter

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Queenie60 Thank you for the information. I'm having trouble deciding between a round and cushion, and then deciding between the vendors who cut antique stones (looking at ENV by JYB, AV by Rhino, Love Affair Diamonds, and Joseph Schubach).

Originally I thought I wanted to go round and I know I like round on my hand. Then I met up with a vendor who sells antique moissy in my area. When I saw the OEC and Antique Cushion moissy in person, I much preferred the cushion. Not sure if it was just that vendor's OEC cut, though, which wasn't my favorite in pictures/videos, either.

I haven't tried on any antique cushion rings to make sure I like them on my hand. Does anyone know of any brick and mortar stores that carry antique cushion rings? I'm a few hours north of SF and I go to the Bay Area regularly. Willing to travel within reason.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Queenie60 Thank you for the information. I'm having trouble deciding between a round and cushion, and then deciding between the vendors who cut antique stones (looking at ENV by JYB, AV by Rhino, Love Affair Diamonds, and Joseph Schubach).

Originally I thought I wanted to go round and I know I like round on my hand. Then I met up with a vendor who sells antique moissy in my area. When I saw the OEC and Antique Cushion moissy in person, I much preferred the cushion. Not sure if it was just that vendor's OEC cut, though, which wasn't my favorite in pictures/videos, either.

I haven't tried on any antique cushion rings to make sure I like them on my hand. Does anyone know of any brick and mortar stores that carry antique cushion rings? I'm a few hours north of SF and I go to the Bay Area regularly. Willing to travel within reason.

@glitterglitter if you liked the antique cushion you saw in person, I think you would LOVE the August Vintage Cushions! They're ideal cut for the best possible light performance according to modern standards, but still have all the vintage appeal of an antique cushion. So kinda like an antique cushion on steroids! LOL! Mine should be here soon (hopefully within the next week or so) and I'll try to post a video for you! :))

ETA: Meanwhile, here's a video of my stone that Jon posted on his Instagram yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhHyImIhCb2/

glitterglitter

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Irishgrrrl I'm pretty positive I would love the August Vintage Cushions, and it has quickly become a top contender! My main hesitation on the AVC at this point is that I've never tried on an cushion cut ring and I'm not sure how the stone looks on my hand... My ring finger is a small 4.5, and I've only ever tried on round stones. Need to figure out how to get my hands on a cushion to try on!

Tianyu Ella

Rough_Rock
Trade
very nice OEC ring.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_6036.JPG

Oh! I just bought a Tianyu old cut cushion and I sent DK an email about setting in a miligrain bezel, so thank you so much for the photo! I love your ring and especially the bezel.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! I just bought a Tianyu old cut cushion and I sent DK an email about setting in a miligrain bezel, so thank you so much for the photo! I love your ring and especially the bezel.

Oh I would love to see that!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you might have already mentioned this, but what brand of Moissy is this? Love it!!

To be honest, I’m not sure. It was supposed to be a Charles and Colorado branded stone but it was not when I received it. This might have been Moissanite and Co brand. Sorry, I know that’s not much help.

If you are looking for an old cut, the best one I’ve had in moissanite was from Tianyu. Best brilliant cut in moissanite is my Amora Gem which I still have and there are pictures on PS of. Hope this helps!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results