shape
carat
color
clarity

need help with antique rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbrobe

Rough_Rock
Well, I am new to this site and it is time to buy the engagement ring. I need to get a antique ring but have no idea what to get. I am have done quite a bit of searching and I am only coming up with a couple of ideas. I want to buy my diamond from a site like bluenile.com so I know what I am getting. So that puts me in the search for a setting. I would like either a real or a replica setting. I would like around a .75 carat that is a good diamond and can not tell if there are flaws with the naked eye.

I did find this at faycullen.com
http://www.faycullen.com/engagementringscloseup2.php?id=138

What do you all think of this ring? My price range is maxed out around $5000.

Any suggestions on where I can get a setting similar to the above or something that looks good and hopefully my g/f will love. As a matter of fact any help would be appreciated. Thank!

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there Mbrobe

I am, personally a antique setting/old stone kind of person, and I find that particular ring lovely.

I think you done good.

I love the Fay Cullen site myself.

win

PS The site mentions the diamond is 'gallery' set, but doesn't mention the cut of the stone. It would be more authentic if it were an Old Mine or Old European cut, or else a Transition cut. The OMC covers the period of about the American Civil War through about 1890 or so, then the OEC the period between 1890 and 1910, and the Transition generally 1910 till just about before WWII.

mbrobe

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response. Do you think the price is worth it on this ring? I will try to find out what kind of cut it is.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
That ring is lovely. Have you looked at any Tacori rings? (www.tacori.com). They have some gorgeous antique style settings.

I don't think you'll have any problem finding a great quality .75 diamond for under $3000. But I think you can do better price-wise elsewhere than you will at Blue Nile. People on this site rave about www.goodoldgold.com for service, quality and price. Also, try doing a pricescope diamond search on this site with your desired diamond criteria and see what comes up.

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results