shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help, will this make gf happy??

Sirwilliamosler

Rough_Rock
Hello, i got a ring. Just wanted feedback. Please see the CAD. Center diamond is 3.5 carat g si2, surrounded by white halo, then fancy pink halo. The CAD shows both halos as white diamonds, but in real life the outer halo is gna be rose gold w fancy pink. What do u think? I want to make gf the happiest lady on earth, as she has made me the happiest guy on earth. Thanks

_30059.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should be stunning! Please come back and show us pictures when the ring is finished!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it doesn't make HER happy I can think of several of us here who love rose gold and pink diamonds and pear shapes, :lol:

Seriously, though, good luck with your GF and the ring project. Have you considered any kind of talk about any of the aspects of the ring? Or just showing it to her like you did us? Jewelry is very personal and PS threads are loaded with tales and pics of change, which is expensive.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
No one can say whether or not the ring will please your GF. Have you asked her for guidance on the selection of the ring (stone size/shape, setting style), etc.?
The ring looks gorgeous =) , but everyone has different preferences, so hopefully, your GF has provided some specifics and you've chosen the ring accordingly.

Sirwilliamosler

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks everyone for the replies!
Her fave engagement scene is from the movie "Sweet home alabama" where the guy takes Reese witherspoon to a Tiffanys and says "pick one."
I basically did something like that and she really liked the 2 carat pear w halo, but it was like $60k so she said no to the tiffanys and to get it online from james allen or gavin diamonds. I went w james allen because they had bigger pears. And her fave color is pink so thats why i put pink halo around it. Lol

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Then it certainly sounds like the ring will make your GF happy!!!!!
Please keep us posted - it should be a truly lovely ring and I can't wait to see:)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's going to be gorgeous and from what you've told us, it should make your girlfriend very happy!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will make her ecstatic! That is going to be an amazing ring, and you already have the benefit of her picking out something very similar-so I think you will not have a single issue! Overjoyed comes to mind.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well you are in EXCELLENT shape then, and I think this ring will overshoot expectations and hopes! It sounds/looks to be truly splendid, I hope you'll post again when it comes back and then with some hand shots on her happy hand. :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a word ....... "YES"

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: there are no words I would love that ring

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It certainly would make ME happy. Can't wait to see the finished product. :wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely big stone and beautiful halo, what's not to be happy about!!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure she will love it! Especially after you put so much thought & time into it. Can't wait to see photos later!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you are on the right track! :) Very thoughtful in putting your own personal twist to it. That is some rock you got her! Can't wait to see the finished ring and on your girl's finger.

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Sirwilliamosler|1431186800|3874503 said:
Her fave engagement scene is from the movie "Sweet home alabama" where the guy takes Reese witherspoon to a Tiffanys and says "pick one."
I basically did something like that and she really liked the 2 carat pear w halo, but it was like $60k so she said no to the tiffanys and to get it online from james allen or gavin diamonds. I went w james allen because they had bigger pears. And her fave color is pink so thats why i put pink halo around it. Lol

Ring looks great but, yep, I do have a "but".....sorry :( If she is expecting/wanting/hoping to see a pear with a single halo, do you think she will react well to the second halo, with coloured stones? I suppose you'll have to wait and see. I know if it were me and I had a dream ring in mind, a variation (however slight - and in my eyes - a second halo with pink diamonds is not slight) would throw me off. Perhaps not permanently, but most definitely initially.

Just my thoughts.

Wishing you well. :wavey:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
me&myboys|1431254110|3874731 said:
Sirwilliamosler|1431186800|3874503 said:

Ring looks great but, yep, I do have a "but".....sorry :( If she is expecting/wanting/hoping to see a pear with a single halo, do you think she will react well to the second halo, with coloured stones? I suppose you'll have to wait and see. I know if it were me and I had a dream ring in mind, a variation (however slight - and in my eyes - a second halo with pink diamonds is not slight) would throw me off. Perhaps not permanently, but most definitely initially.

Just my thoughts.

Wishing you well. :wavey:

I am with you on this one. I only had a 1.57 ct pear and it was a solitaire. It was large on my hand so I can only imagine the mm on a pear that is 3.5ct. Adding to this a double halo is going to be huge and I am curious as to what her finger size is. I am just wondering if this is going to be too large on the hand is all. I guess it is whatever you are into.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you provide us with a link to the stone? I'm dying to see it!

What is her finger size? Is she a pretty flashy person? Are flashy big rings the norm in your neck of the woods? I think it is a beautiful
design. We dont know your girlfriend. For *me* it would be a little over the top. I would go with a single rose gold pink diamond
halo because I'm a little more conservative :lol: !

Seriously, it's going to be a beautiful ring!

Sirwilliamosler

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks for reply!
Her finger size is 4.25
We live in manhattan. My mother has a 5 carat pear w 2 side stones and my gf's mom has a 4-5c harry winston. Ppl their age wear similar size, but our friends are usually around 3-4. And lately a lot of them have 2 rings. One is the real one and the other is for everday use. I hope my gf will like the pink halo, her dream dream ring is "the graff pink" by harry winston ($20 million-ish). Lol! I want something she can be proud to show off for yrs and yrs. But if it is too big for everyday i will buy another one for everday use. I only have a CAD because james allen doesnt have pink halo rings so they had to custom make mine. Thanks everyone!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this ring will be mind-blowingly beautiful and I love both the double halo and the pink halo idea.

My only caveat is - did you get some help choosing the pear? They can have notoriously bad light return and all sorts of bow-tie issues, so I'm hoping someone with experience with pears pointed you in the right direction.

I think both the size and the design are fabulous - I love a skinny finger with a big honking ring on it!!

Good luck to you both - and pls come back and show us some photos!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think the ring will be gorgeous. My mom has a very similar ring in which I am wearing on my finger (size 4).

Given the cost of your ring, did you consider having it hand made? I am worried it will not be delicate enough. I think Leon Mege or Steven Kirsch can make a much more delicate version of the ring. I would suggest a thinner band and halo.

charmypoomomring.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and setting.
I am sure she will love it. Please come back with a lot of pics when the ring is ready and when you have proposed!

Sirwilliamosler

Rough_Rock
Lol i actually already proposed a la sweet home alabama tiffany scene. She didnt like the tiffany rings. But yah i will def post pics. Thanks!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Short answer, yes it will. Congrats on your engagement!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results