shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help! Wedding band for my vintage ring.

ErinFaulk

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am recently engaged and my SO purchased a beautiful 1950’s round transitional brilliant cut diamond. The accents are 4 channel set, baguettes and round single cut diamonds (like a partial halo).

I love the ring but am so lost when it comes to the band that I should get to compliment it. I am thinking to add a modern twist or should I stay classic?

All recommendations are welcome! Thank you!
21FF761A-154F-4DCD-9D55-479B4B5106E8.jpeg
FEA4C1B6-1215-4316-8463-2CCAC795E87B.jpeg
5802B544-2915-497D-8928-A4B1E4C544DA.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, congrats on your engagement!

Are you looking for something that will closely match some of the design elements of your ring? A round and baguette diamond band would work and there are many different iterations of that style. However you will have a gap because of how the head of your engagement ring is designed. Are you okay with a gap?

If not then you can try a curved band.

Here is an example of the round and baguette design:

m51galaxy

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! My first thought was something with baguettes.

ErinFaulk

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring, congrats on your engagement!

Are you looking for something that will closely match some of the design elements of your ring? A round and baguette diamond band would work and there are many different iterations of that style. However you will have a gap because of how the head of your engagement ring is designed. Are you okay with a gap?

If not then you can try a curved band.

Here is an example of the round and baguette design:

Thank you for your response! I like the idea of a similar band with baguettes and round diamonds.

However, I am not sure I like the idea of a gap . The head of the ring comes with restrictions since it has the side dropped halo.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really unique and beautiful! I love a good piece of jewelry from days gone by.

My initial thought was to stay with the era but the right modern piece may* work.

I think this would be too much with it right?

Kind of feel like it needs to be more art deco.

Here is a smaller version

Can you post a side picture of the base of your ring so we can see how a wedding band would sit next to it?
What size is your finger?

I like this one but it is an eternity in size 4.25

Edit
Maybe a plain eternity-like band with single cuts to match. Size 6.5

This is different (maybe too different depending on your perspective ;-) )

Last edited:

ErinFaulk

Rough_Rock
I truly appreciate this the first two really caught my eye. I like the style!

Really unique and beautiful! I love a good piece of jewelry from days gone by.

My initial thought was to stay with the era but the right modern piece may* work.

I think this would be too much with it right?

Kind of feel like it needs to be more art deco.

Here is a smaller version

Can you post a side picture of the base of your ring so we can see how a wedding band would sit next to it?
What size is your finger?

I like this one but it is an eternity in size 4.25

Edit
Maybe a plain eternity-like band with single cuts to match. Size 6.5

This is different (maybe too different depending on your perspective ;-) )

I really love the first two! The style is classic.

Thank you for taking the time to show me!

I am a 6.5 ring size and here are some pictures of it.
BE122164-4288-4C78-9EED-B3D1E5F68101.jpeg 8AC78B8F-F831-45C4-8F23-E15F94456FC9.jpeg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement and that lovely ring!
you are going to struggle to get no gap between ering and band with that dropped halo (love that bit of extra bling it gives!)
You may want to get a custom-fit band shaped to fit. Based off the comments I've seen with that style though, it may not stay put/aligned perfectly and that could be seriously annoying.
Looking again, you could get close with a band that has angled sides - either knife edge or kinda pyramid shaped. A twisted band could also work. I've put some examples below - the two-tone is the pyramid shape I mentioned - I have one very similar for my baguette-accented round and it has quite a small gap because of the sides.
1364600E-212B-4DA0-867D-1C679B7820D8.jpeg
C0D1A123-9517-405D-A0C8-E40DDFFBAD5D.jpeg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!
I would consider a plain band with engraving or similar, no diamonds. I believe the ER has a presence and the wedding band has to compliment it with less bling. But, if you want the bling to match then go for it!!! I would choose the baguette/ step cuts to suit the ER.

haivng said that:
@tyty333 floral band is stunning, and gets my vote. It is subtle and adds to the set.
@foxinsox second pic of the band is also great but I would have it all in one colour.

edit: I just saw the side profile of the ring and I vote now for the baguette and round combo/style wedding ring.

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on a lovely ring! You could get a spacer and a wedding band if you want less of a gap. I like the idea of a baguette band or an engraved vintagey band as well.

jso72

Rough_Rock
Screenshot_20200710-172000_Etsy.jpg

Screenshot_20200710-171837_Etsy.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I am recently engaged and my SO purchased a beautiful 1950’s round transitional brilliant cut diamond. The accents are 4 channel set, baguettes and round single cut diamonds (like a partial halo).

I love the ring but am so lost when it comes to the band that I should get to compliment it. I am thinking to add a modern twist or should I stay classic?

All recommendations are welcome! Thank you!
21FF761A-154F-4DCD-9D55-479B4B5106E8.jpeg
FEA4C1B6-1215-4316-8463-2CCAC795E87B.jpeg
5802B544-2915-497D-8928-A4B1E4C544DA.jpeg

Congradulations
Its lovelly to shear someone's happy news at this time
i just adore your ring
i love the shape

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful!! you could do a plain dainty band too it wouldn’t take away from the ring. Just a thought

ErinFaulk

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much to you all. You are so kind!

All of these options are beautiful and now that I have seen similar sets with a gap, I actually like it.

I bought a few different CZ band styles to wear with it so that I could see what I truly like in person!

I got a round diamond eternity band and a round-baguette alternating band. I am one who loves sparkles so I would prefer a diamond band over a plain one.

Thank you for your help everyone

ErinFaulk

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! My ring has some low sides also. Here is a pic of the band I wear with it.
20200710_165153.jpg 20200710_165200.jpg

I love this! So beautiful. I am thinking round -baguette alternating may be the one

jso72

Rough_Rock
Just look for bands that sit very very low. I find they work the best for this ring. Can't wait to see what you get!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, your ring is gorgeous! I keep going back to a plain band, your ring is so pretty I would try to keep it center stage. A baguette band would look lovely too. Whatever the style, I would keep it delicate and understated so that your ering is the star. Agree with jso75 to choose something low on the finger.

eta - maybe a round eternity like this? I have a band like this and it goes with everything I own. Very versatile.

ErinFaulk

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all your help! We went the route of getting custom curved bands made to sit around the ring. It contours it beautifully. I am overall extremely happy with the way it turned out and love the fact that I can wear it with both bands or with one.

ring.png

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh very pretty! I feel we need a few more pictures, especially some close ups ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results