shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Need help w/ choosing eternity band...

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by m-2-b, Jun 8, 2012.

Carre cut or RB shared prong eternity band?

1. 1. Carre cut eternity band

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. 2. 10pt RB shared prong eternity band

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. m-2-b
    Ideal_Rock

by m-2-b » Jun 8, 2012
    DH and I have just celebrated our 14th anniversary! In honor of this milestone, he has agreed to buy me a diamond eternity band so I need everyone's opinion! The carre cut eternity band would be <3mm width and the shared prong would be a little over 3mm width. Which would you choose? Any pics or links would be greatly appreciated, too!

2. DiamondBrokersofFlorida
    Shiny_Rock
    Trade

3. purplesilk
    Brilliant_Rock

by purplesilk » Jun 9, 2012
    You can't go wrong with a classic round 10 pointers band, but since you already own gorgeous round diamonds, I think you should go with something different: an asscher band, a princess band or an emerald cut band...I didn't suggest a carre cut band on purpose because I prefer carre cuts as side stones in antiquesque settings.
    I also wouldn't go with an eternity ring, but I'd choose a five/seven stone band with bigger diamonds.
    Some links for you:
    https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/i-ve-been-holding-out-asscher-eternity-and-earrings-t62049.html
    https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/diamondfan-s-emerald-cut-eternity-band-t55378.html
    https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/yay-single-stone-eternity-with-bezel-set-mini-emerald-cuts-is-done-t90086.html

4. bright ice
    Ideal_Rock

by bright ice » Jun 9, 2012
    I would recommend the shared prong band although I would do a 5 or 7 stone. You have such beautiful rings and this would compliment them well.

5. Mikla
    Shiny_Rock

by Mikla » Jun 9, 2012
    Could you post a picture of your ring or a link? I need a visual! :mrgreen:

6. m-2-b
    Ideal_Rock

by m-2-b » Jun 9, 2012
    Something along the lines of these 2:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cartier-Platinum-Diamond-Eternity-Band-Ring-Signed-Numbered?item=290655945306&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D9012315582194221863

http://www.stevenkirsch.com/showroom/engagement-wedding-bands/bands/ref-0413.html

I want something blingy and am not sure if the carre cut band will do the trick. However, I love step cuts, too!

Thanks for everyone's input thus far!

7. Mikla
    Shiny_Rock

by Mikla » Jun 9, 2012
    I'm sorry, I meant a visual of your e-ring. Is it a three-stone with the diamonds in your avatar?

8. DiamondBrokersofFlorida
    Shiny_Rock
    Trade

9. m-2-b
    Ideal_Rock

by m-2-b » Jun 9, 2012
    Here it is:

IMG_9011.JPG

10. m-2-b
    Ideal_Rock

by m-2-b » Jun 9, 2012
    Mikla--Tell me about your 3 stone emerald ring in your avatar (specs please)! That's the style of my next big ring project after this one!

11. thebunnybears
    Rough_Rock

by thebunnybears » Jun 9, 2012
    I am also currently looking for an eternity band as a wedding band. I recently found this one: http://www.bridal.cartier.com/brida...s-rings/precious-stones/n4209600-wedding-band

I'm going to get it priced my Steven Kirsch, but maybe this will be an option for you as well? I'm asking for 5 asschers (# of years we'd be together on our wedding day since our wedding date is our dating anniversary date). I hope it is within a good price range for us.

I had asked for a price quote of the asscher eternity SK has on his website and if anyone is wondering, it's a bit over 12k for 25point asschers for my 4.75 size finger. Although it's beautiful, it's not practical for us with our wedding expenses mounting.. although I think if we eloped, we'd probably end up getting that ring for me! :D

12. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondseeker2006 » Jun 9, 2012
    Honestly, I think I would not like a 10 point eternity with a large three stone e-ring. When I think of the people on here with gorgeous 3 stone rings in addition to yours, Yssie and MGR, they both wear simple, understated bands because the 3 stone e-ring really has such a major presence already. Yssie wears a plain or engraved band with hers, I believe, and MGR wears a Tiffany channel set band with small stones with hers. I think that look is elegant as well as the bands you are now wearing. I think there is a point where one can tip over to the "too much" side. But that is just my opinion! I'd spend the money on a great RHR!

Ooops, sorry I missed this link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cartier-Platinum-Diamond-Eternity-Band-Ring-Signed-Numbered?item=290655945306&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D9012315582194221863#ht_2258wt_922

I adore this band and do think it might work but and not sure how I feel about it with your ring without seeing them together.

13. m-2-b
    Ideal_Rock

by m-2-b » Jun 9, 2012
    DS--This new eternity band would be a RHR only. I would keep my current left hand set as is since I love the look so much! However, I will eventually be getting a second RHR that will be a 3 stone emerald cut diamond ring similar to Mikla's style--already in the very, very early planning stages w/ VC. It will make a great 15 yr anniversary gift!!!

14. Enerchi
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Enerchi » Jun 9, 2012
    I was going to say that it already looks like a perfect combination you are already sporting... until you added this will be a RHR.

So... I went from thinking the Cartier channel french cut band you originally linked to would be perfect, to the one BunnyBears posted - how cool is THAT????? What a neat RHR eternity band - gives you a big of both worlds that you like and it is not a common design. My taste leans towards that Cartier design!

15. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh boy, you didn't say RHR in your original post so I didn't catch that! Sorry! I need to start over in that case!

Well, since you want opinions, I'll say that I really don't think eternity rings are very practical if you are right handed. The underside is just going to get banged up every time you grasp something. I really think of them more as wedding bands or as a standalone ring as an alternate to the wedding set on the left hand, personally. But if you do go with one, I think 3mm may look a little too skimpy compared to your wedding set on the other hand.

I would strongly favor a 5 stone band with more significant size stones as a right hand ring, round, asscher, or something like that. I think it would be much more balanced with your wedding set and keep metal on the palm side which will allow you to wear it more.

16. Mikla
    Shiny_Rock

by Mikla » Jun 9, 2012
    How about something like the french cut band as a RHR from my other thread about This Band with This Ring?. Apparently it is too blingy for my e-ring but it would be great as an RHR since it's larger than the width of a typical band. I'm really liking the carre band for you, too. If not that, an asscher eternity perhaps?

17. Mikla
    Shiny_Rock

by Mikla » Jun 9, 2012
    That picture in my avatar is so awful! I totally cannot take pictures to save my life. Good thing I like numbers. ;)

EMERALD CUT #1
    Measurements: 8.73 x 6.76 x 4.93 mm
    Carat Weight: 2.55 carat
    Color Grade: E
    Clarity Grade: VS1
    Depth: 72.9%
    Table: 65%
    Girdle: Medium
    Culet: None
    Polish: Very Good
    Symmetry: Good
    Fluorescence: None

EMERALD CUT #2
    Measurements: 5.86 x 4.47 x 3.03 mm
    Carat Weight: 0.72 carat
    Color Grade: F
    Clarity Grade: VS1
    Depth: 67.8%
    Table: 73%
    Girdle: Slightly Thick to Thick
    Polish: Good

EMERALD CUT #3
    Measurements: 5.61 x 4.46 x 3.08 mm
    Carat Weight: 0.70 carat
    Color Grade: F
    Clarity Grade: VS2
    Depth: 69.1%
    Table: 74%
    Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
    Polish: Good

18. m-2-b
    Ideal_Rock

by m-2-b » Jun 9, 2012
    Mikla--Thanks for all the info! I love the proportions on your 3 stone!

DS--Interesting thought about a 5 stone ring--not sure if it would be above my budget ($5-6K)? Maybe a graduated 5 stone RB ring? As a side note, I'm a leftie!

Enerchi--Good luck w/ your new ring, too!

19. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

Okay, that would help that you are a leftie! But I still think you can get more bling for your buck with 5 larger stones! And yes, I think you can do it for $6k. I love it when the stones are just slightly graduated! You'd do it by mm and not weight of course, but something like a .35 center, .30 on each side, and .25 on each end would be subtle but maybe not stick out on the sides like some seem to do. Or you could go with 5 .30 stones, if you preferred.

20. m-2-b
    Ideal_Rock

by m-2-b » Jun 10, 2012
    Update--I'm changing gears and am going w/ a graduated 5 stone ring now!

21. Enerchi
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Enerchi » Jun 10, 2012
    Woo hoo! That sounds like a perfect RHR option! What sizes are you thinking of? Metal preferences? Setting ideas? I agree w DS above, you'll get a ton of finger coverage and bang for our buck with a 5 stone. Exciting!

22. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondseeker2006 » Jun 10, 2012
    Super! I really think that will look sooo much more balanced with your wedding set on the other hand! I've given this project some thought myself, so I am interested to see what you choose!