shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED HELP w. Choosing Diamond Earrings for Wedding

JasonB2

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am a first time poster and came here because all I've heard are great things about this site. I want to surprise my fiance with diamond earrings for our wedding but have no clue what style/type of earring to get her or even know if there are earring dos or don'ts for a wedding. I am not working with a huge budget, but would like to get her something that is classy and really sparkles. All ideas are appreciated!!! Thank you for your help!!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
what is your budget?

JasonB2

Rough_Rock
I'd like to keep it around $1000 +/- a bit, if that's even realistic.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
you want it to be something for her to wear on the wedding or everyday kind of thing? Probably best if it can match with the necklace if it's for wedding.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
what kind of earrings are you looking for? studs? hoops?

ETA I think either one would be a great choice to wear everyday-it really just depends on what you want!

JasonB2

Rough_Rock
I was hoping they would be something she could wear at the wedding if she chose to. Are studs or even small huggies decorative enough for a wedding?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there are only two kinds that would work for a wedding, and one would be studs and the other chandelier/drop earrings. I am not totally sure your budget will work. Plus, we don't know her personal style or the style of her wedding dress, so we might not make the best choice. What I think is a MUCH better idea is for you to give her earrings for a wedding gift but not expect her to wear them at the wedding necessarily. My daughter wore fake diamond drop earrings for her wedding because they probably would have cost $20k had they been real! But they were beautiful and right to go with her dress!

You'd be looking at around $1200 for .37 cts. each (.75 ctw) if you went with studs:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/3-prong-martini-diamond-earrings-1344.htm

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5623 around $1600 for chandeliers (but I wouldn't do this because they would not be able to be worn very often. But this is a style that a lot of brides wear..just usually not real!)

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/earrings/32PP2/ $1800 and up for Beverley K

Seriously, if you want to give her diamond earrings, I'd recommend studs. But just don't expect her to wear them on the wedding day unless she brings up the idea. Does she normally wear small, dainty earrings or does she wear more fashion jewelry in larger designs?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she doesnt have studs that would be my first recommendation. They are very versatile and can be dressed up or
down. My second choice would be small huggies.

JasonB2

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the great advice Diamonseeker2006 & slg47. I think you both make a great point, I'm going to look to find her something for everyday wear, that seems like the better way to go, and not expect her to wear at the wedding. Thank you both so much for the help!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are very welcome, Jason! And in that case, I would always recommend studs as the first diamond earrings!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results