shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help to choose the ideal stone

zitaowang

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone on PS,

I discovered PS last week and it has been a great help for me since I am currently in Dubai looking to buy a stone for my gf's e-ring. Thanks to HCA I was able to rule out the poor performers. Now I have three candidates but I would like to listen to what the experts think.

Here are the options

all three have cut EX polish EX sym EX

a. 1.53ct G VVS1 Flr: Faint. Total Depth: 59.4% Table: 59% Crown Angle: 31.5 Pav Angle: 41 Girdle: Medium slightly thick (faceted 3.5%) Cutlet: None

b. 1.53ct F VVS2 Flr: Faint. Total Depth: 59.4% Table: 59% Crown Angle: 33 Pav Angle: 40.8 Girdle: thin to medium (faceted 3%) Cutlet: None

c. 1.51ct F VS1 Flr: None. Total Depth: 60.7% Table: 58% Crown Angle: 34 Pav Angle: 40.8 Girdle: medium (faceted 3.5%) Cutlet: None

Is fluorescence a big factor ? and what about BIC vs TIC ? For the setting, should I go with 18k gold or platinum?

PS: I am basing my purchase solely on the certificate, as the stones are outside of Dubai. All three stones are within my budget but I want to make sure which one I will be getting the most of it. :confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance

Speedie

Rough_Rock
Are these available for viewing online? Will the vendor supply IdealScope, ASET, Hearts and Arrows images on request?

zitaowang

Rough_Rock
Hi speedie I will be able to get the images and will post here once I recieve them

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My favourite from numbers is the last one. TIC should have a good balance of fire and brightness while BIC will be bright diamonds but will sacrifice on fire.

All of those florescence should be OK. I would only worry about it when it comes to strong or even very strong as some (rarely) can exhibit a cloudy milky appearance when the florescence is activated.

zitaowang

Rough_Rock
I got another option

1.5ct G vs1 GIA3x flr: none table: 57% Td: 61.4% Crown angle: 35 Pav angle: 40.6 girdle medium to slight thick 3.5%. HCA 0.9

Is this one the winner?

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
zitaowang|1448390414|3953615 said:
I got another option

1.5ct G vs1 GIA3x flr: none table: 57% Td: 61.4% Crown angle: 35 Pav angle: 40.6 girdle medium to slight thick 3.5%. HCA 0.9

Is this one the winner?
That and C are the only ones I'd really consider. You can't really just buy off specs tho. You need to see them or at least some pics. Are these all GIA graded?

zitaowang

Rough_Rock
Hi solgen thanks for your input.

Yes they are all gia certified

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results