shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help selecting a 1.5C out of 4 choices!

Cubanain

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I've been around this forum for a while and absorbing all the knowledge. Thank you to the group that makes this awesome. Now I am keen to get your advice on a shortlist of 4 stones. My top priorities are clarity and best brilliance/ radiance/ least leakage from the diamond and I am trying to hit the 1.5C mark. Having said that, inclusions like cavities, feathers, and twinning wisps seem to be an eyesore for me when they can be seen through a gemscope, not to mention I am unsure how they affect brilliance/ radiance..

I have shortlisted the following 4 stones-

1. 1.43C, G-VS1, Triple Ex, Depth-62.2%, Table-56.0%, Crown-36deg, Pavillion 40.6deg, HCA 1.8
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-g-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-798098
Inclusions include cloud, crystal, feather, needle. The GIA report image does not show these prominently. However, it mentions 'additional clouds/ pinpoints not shown'. Should I be worried? Also, doesn't really hit the 1.5C mark for me.

2. 1.53, G-VS1, Triple Ex, Depth-62.3%, Table-55.0%, Crown-35.5deg, Pavillion 40.8deg, HCA 2.6
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...g-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1825408
This one has medium fluorescence. Not sure if this is a bad thing. Also, the HCA is above 2 which is worrisome.

3. 1.56, F-VS1, Triple Ex, Depth- 61.7, Table- 56%, Crown-34.5 deg, Pavillion 40.6 deg,HCA 0.8
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...f-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1796821
This one has strong fluorescence. Not sure if this is a bad thing.

4. 1.5, G-VS2, Triple Ex, Depth- 62, Table- 56%, Crown-35 deg, Pavillion 40.6 deg, HCA 0.9
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...g-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1108088
This shows quite a few twinning wisps in the GIA report image. This is worrisome.

Please let me know your top 2 recommendations and help me make a decision. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I disagree that VS1 is a waste. I like a balance of quality in a diamond, and for me that means excellent cut along with near colorless and VS clarity. My current diamond is VS1 as well as its predecessors. I like a clean diamond. VVS is a waste to me because it doesn't look any cleaner than a VS1 even with a 10x loupe. So I think VS1 is an awesome choice, and I also really love G color in a modern round brilliant!

Of these choices, #2, the 1.53 G VS1 looks the best, but I would request an ASET image of the stone before committing. The pavilion angle is above 35 and that is what is making the HCA score a little high. But the ASET will show if there is any leakage or not.

The 1.43 is going to be visually smaller. The 1.56 F is okay but I don't love the cut and I don't know how the recipient would feel about the fluorescence (I love it, but some jewelers are negative about it). The 1.52 G VS2 seems to have a brown undertone, and that is usually viewed negatively. I can't see the prices of the first three to compare, but this one may be discounted because of the slight brown undertone. I'd have to see it in person to know if it was visible or not. It might be fine.

What is your maximum budget?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I disagree that VS1 is a waste. I like a balance of quality in a diamond, and for me that means excellent cut along with near colorless and VS clarity. My current diamond is VS1 as well as its predecessors. I like a clean diamond. VVS is a waste to me because it doesn't look any cleaner than a VS1 even with a 10x loupe. So I think VS1 is an awesome choice, and I also really love G color in a modern round brilliant!

Of these choices, #2, the 1.53 G VS1 looks the best, but I would request an ASET image of the stone before committing. The pavilion angle is above 35 and that is what is making the HCA score a little high. But the ASET will show if there is any leakage or not.

The 1.43 is going to be visually smaller. The 1.56 F is okay but I don't love the cut and I don't know how the recipient would feel about the fluorescence (I love it, but some jewelers are negative about it). The 1.52 G VS2 seems to have a brown undertone, and that is usually viewed negatively. I can't see the prices of the first three to compare, but this one may be discounted because of the slight brown undertone. I'd have to see it in person to know if it was visible or not. It might be fine.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, there was a post removed after I posted above, so I was replying to another poster and not the original poster!

I also have zero idea why my post is showing three times!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results