shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help picking a setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nola82

Rough_Rock
So I've pretty much decided on the 1.85 ct EC that was being discussed in an earlier thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/strm-what-do-you-think-of-these-ecs.125385/. I looked at it with an independent appraiser today. It was beautiful, lots and lots of fire when it hit the light--and neither of us could see the unparallel lines without magnification. Thanks again to strm and others for the invaluable advice.

Now it's on to deciding on a setting.

I would like to get a WF simple solitaire ring: http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/1.htm. I know that she wants something that is classic and elegant, while also really accentuating the diamond and making it look large. I also would prefer that a wedding band be able to sit flush, or near flush, with the e-ring. What does everyone think? And what WF rings have PC people had their ECs set in before?

Thanks!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
This one is supergirl518''s ring and the diamond sits flush to the band. You could get something like this custom done. Or you could go with a bezel setting that will allow for a band to sit flush to it. I hope this helps!

supergirl518.jpg

nola82

Rough_Rock
Oh--and also in case it helps, her ring finger is a size 5.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another one for you to consider.

Darling''s ring.

darling.jpg

nola82

Rough_Rock
Thanks Luckyeshe.

Right now I''m leaning toward the Fine Line ring: http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/-Fine-Line--Diamond-Solitaire_691.htm. I think it looks like a really classic setting and I like that it tapers towards the head. I also like that it has a basket, as opposed to just a "plain" four-prong head.

Of course, just an hour ago I was leaning toward the Sleek Line: http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/-Sleek-Lines--Diamond-Solitaire_688.htm#

We''ll see what I''m thinking in another hour ;-)

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I would TOTALLY go with the Fine Line and the basket head for that stone!!! Completely elegant and classic! Good luck!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
The only better mounting I could imagine for that glorious stone (I''m so jealous!! That''s a beauty!!) would be having Whiteflash do a three stone with tapered baguettes. I cannot imagine anything more classic than that!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fine line gets my vote

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was browsing and came across scott kay rings, and thought about how your EC would look in this setting look.

scottkayring  0909.JPG

nola82

Rough_Rock
D&T--while I''m still leaning towards the Fine Line and would probably like WF to set the stone, the ring from Scott Kay looks great. Thanks for sending it along and for your vote.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock

nola82

Rough_Rock
Thanks Coda. I was considering the Tiffany Style--and quite like it--but for what she's interested in the pros of the Fine Line (tapering and basket) probably outweigh the pros of the Tiffany (flush). Actually, while I know that she wants something that will make the diamond pop and stand out, she hasn't mentioned anything about needing to have the rings sit flush. So while I would prefer that the rings be able to sit flush, it's probably not a determining factor.

nola82

Rough_Rock
I decided on the Fine Line and am very excited to see the ring in a week or so. Hopefully she likes it as much as I do.

Many many thanks to everyone for the help. I don''t know how I could have managed this process if I hadn''t stumbled upon this site. The advice, on both the diamond and then on the setting, has been invaluable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results