shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help/Opinions on James Allen Diamond

itsraininbunnies

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I'm in the process of buying an engagement ring, and wanted the expert opinions of Pricescope users on one of the diamonds I have on hold. The only concern I have is that in the video the diamond seems less "bright" than some diamonds in other videos, but I wonder if that is just because of the way the video was shot. Any thoughts would be much appreciated! Thank you :)

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...color-vs1-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-2473744

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post an example of another diamond you feel looks brighter?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Different machines with different light levels probably taken at a different location.

itsraininbunnies

Rough_Rock
If anyone has any other thoughts on the idealscope/diamond/specs, definitely let me know. I'm paranoid I'm missing some glaring flaw, even though I think it meets all the typical pricescpe criteria! Thank you :D

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Different machines with different light levels probably taken at a different location.

Ditto.
Looks lovely to me, and my understanding is that JA has a pretty smooth return policy if you aren’t thrilled in real life.

My only thought is that (if you are not buying this for yourself) hopefully your intended had input on the color of the diamond? Some people are color sensitive and dislike visible tint in a diamond and depending on the setting, they may pick up on the tint fairly easily from the side view in a J color stone. Or they may be able to see it and not care. But good to consider.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That J VS1 TH stone looks good. I am suspecting the arrows image and IS would look very similar. One of the better TH stones. I have a feeling the crown angle is likely to be somewhere around 34.8-34.9.

itsraininbunnies

Rough_Rock
Ditto.
Looks lovely to me, and my understanding is that JA has a pretty smooth return policy if you aren’t thrilled in real life.

My only thought is that (if you are not buying this for yourself) hopefully your intended had input on the color of the diamond? Some people are color sensitive and dislike visible tint in a diamond and depending on the setting, they may pick up on the tint fairly easily from the side view in a J color stone. Or they may be able to see it and not care. But good to consider.

Good point, she is not color sensitive and actually prefers a little color. Thank you so much for your input!

itsraininbunnies

Rough_Rock
That J VS1 TH stone looks good. I am suspecting the arrows image and IS would look very similar. One of the better TH stones. I have a feeling the crown angle is likely to be somewhere around 34.8-34.9.

Thank you so much, obviously I agree! I think actually the last two images are the IS/hearts and arrows images, and the crown angle (35) is on the Gia certificate.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, obviously I agree! I think actually the last two images are the IS/hearts and arrows images, and the crown angle (35) is on the Gia certificate.

When GIA provide you with crown and pavilion angles, they take an average of the 8 angles and then round up or down. In the case of a 35CA on a GIA report, that means the average CA of the 8 angles can be anywhere from 34.76 degrees to 35.25 degrees. For pavilion angles, there is a 0.20 degree “bandwidth” as they only report to the nearest 0.2 degrees (so 40.6, 40.8, etc).

Hence my comment about the CA. If the average angle was leaning above 35 degrees, I don’t think the arrows image would have looked as good as it actually does.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results