shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on Emerald Cut Diamond

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by RU_Emerald, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. RU_Emerald
    Rough_Rock

by RU_Emerald » Oct 31, 2007

Please help me decide if these numbers all look good? I have included pics also. What are the positives and negatives? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated

Emerald Cut
    1.02C
    Color: E
    Clarity:VS1
    Girdle: Med - Slightly Thick
    Culet: None
    Polish: Excellent
    Symmetry: Excellent
    Depth: 62.3%
    Table: 64%
    L/W Ratio: 1.39
    Pavilion Depth: 47.8%
    Crown Height: 12.1%
    Crown Angle: 32.9

Emerald021876.jpg

2. Gypsy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Gypsy » Oct 31, 2007
    Looks great! I''d buy it.

3. strmrdr
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by strmrdr » Oct 31, 2007
    so far so good do you have an aset or IS image or more pictures?

4. chrono
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by chrono » Nov 1, 2007
    Looks like a great stone. An ASET would be nice as added "insurance" to check out the stone, otherwise, I see no reason not to get it.

5. RU_Emerald
    Rough_Rock

6. RU_Emerald
    Rough_Rock

7. strmrdr
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by strmrdr » Nov 1, 2007
    looks good, should look very deep.
    Not the brightest one around but its kewl for that style.

8. esumsea
    Shiny_Rock

by esumsea » Nov 1, 2007
    I think I have seen this before. [​IMG]
    It is stone 1 (I believe) in the comparison I did last month.
    I brought this diamond in and it was my second favorite. The other I bought. This is a nice 4 step in the Pavillion cut. Very semetrical. An exceptional stone. Well priced, as I remember. I just liked the proportions of the stone I got.
    You can read the comments here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-out-experts-emerald-cut-comparison-help-me-decide-b-t-these-3.69709/
    I am not saying that there are not better out there, but I would say it was the best I had seen in 2-3 weeks of looking, it is just that I found the one I bought the same day. If you check out my other threads, most of them center on emerald cuts. Storm, Hest, and Chrono among others will impart great advice on this subject.
    Good luck in your search.
    Regards,
    Mario

9. Gypsy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Gypsy » Nov 1, 2007
    I think it''s lovely. We can get overly critical on here, IMO. I would buy it, and see what I think it real life. It is NOT a dog in anyway.

10. Deelight
    Ideal_Rock

by Deelight » Nov 1, 2007
    I don''t know alot about emeralds but from the diamond picture that looked to be a beautiful diamond to me draws you right in :)

11. chrono
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by chrono » Nov 2, 2007
    I like the Aset. Great memory, Mario, yes, we have seen this stone before. I still think it is a pretty EC and would buy it if I had the funds.[​IMG]

12. tberube
    Brilliant_Rock

by tberube » Nov 2, 2007
    just my opinion - in an emerald cut or asscher cut, I would usually tend to go VS2 or higher clarity, because that cut is not as forgiving to flaws. I would be sure it is eye clean enough for you before buying.

13. chrono
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by chrono » Nov 2, 2007
    The stone is a VS1 (which is a cleaner grade than a VS2) and I'm very sure it'll be eye clean. I can't even find the inclusion(s) in the magnified picture.

14. tberube
    Brilliant_Rock

by tberube » Nov 2, 2007
    ...but then again, I don''t know diamonds like a lot of people here. I only know what people have told me. Good luck!

15. tberube
    Brilliant_Rock

by tberube » Nov 2, 2007
    OOPS! SORRY!!!!!!

Read that too quickly while doing other things at work. Thought I saw SI1. so sorry - just ignore my tired, before-coffee self.

Excellent diamond, I wish my fiance had your attention span (or PS) when he bought my EC!!

16. RU_Emerald
    Rough_Rock

by RU_Emerald » Nov 2, 2007
    Mario,
    That was an excellent link with good descriptions. Just a couple questions. I noticed you said the one you bought was very fiery. When you looked at the 1.02E how would you rate the sparkle, and fire? Did you find it something that was very concerning to you? Did the diamond look very elongated? I prefer the more tradional look of an emerald (less squarish). If you did not purchase the 1.15D do you think you would have purchased the 1.02E? Be honest :) anything else you want to mention about the diamond would be appreciated!

Another question for anyone out there. The ring setting I am looking at has tapered Baguette diamonds on the side with the emerald mounted in the center. The accompanying wedding band though will not fit flush against the e-ring. What are your opinions about the band not flush with the e-ring? any thoughts

Thanks

17. esumsea
    Shiny_Rock

by esumsea » Nov 4, 2007

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.