shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on Emerald Cut Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RU_Emerald

Rough_Rock

Please help me decide if these numbers all look good? I have included pics also. What are the positives and negatives? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated

Emerald Cut
1.02C
Color: E
Clarity:VS1
Girdle: Med - Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Depth: 62.3%
Table: 64%
L/W Ratio: 1.39
Pavilion Depth: 47.8%
Crown Height: 12.1%
Crown Angle: 32.9

Emerald021876.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great! I''d buy it.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
so far so good do you have an aset or IS image or more pictures?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a great stone. An ASET would be nice as added "insurance" to check out the stone, otherwise, I see no reason not to get it.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks good, should look very deep.
Not the brightest one around but its kewl for that style.

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
I think I have seen this before.
26.gif

It is stone 1 (I believe) in the comparison I did last month.
I brought this diamond in and it was my second favorite. The other I bought. This is a nice 4 step in the Pavillion cut. Very semetrical. An exceptional stone. Well priced, as I remember. I just liked the proportions of the stone I got.
You can read the comments here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-out-experts-emerald-cut-comparison-help-me-decide-b-t-these-3.69709/
I am not saying that there are not better out there, but I would say it was the best I had seen in 2-3 weeks of looking, it is just that I found the one I bought the same day. If you check out my other threads, most of them center on emerald cuts. Storm, Hest, and Chrono among others will impart great advice on this subject.
Good luck in your search.
Regards,
Mario

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s lovely. We can get overly critical on here, IMO. I would buy it, and see what I think it real life. It is NOT a dog in anyway.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know alot about emeralds but from the diamond picture that looked to be a beautiful diamond to me draws you right in :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the Aset. Great memory, Mario, yes, we have seen this stone before. I still think it is a pretty EC and would buy it if I had the funds.
3.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
just my opinion - in an emerald cut or asscher cut, I would usually tend to go VS2 or higher clarity, because that cut is not as forgiving to flaws. I would be sure it is eye clean enough for you before buying.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is a VS1 (which is a cleaner grade than a VS2) and I'm very sure it'll be eye clean. I can't even find the inclusion(s) in the magnified picture.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
...but then again, I don''t know diamonds like a lot of people here. I only know what people have told me. Good luck!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
OOPS! SORRY!!!!!!

Read that too quickly while doing other things at work. Thought I saw SI1. so sorry - just ignore my tired, before-coffee self.

Excellent diamond, I wish my fiance had your attention span (or PS) when he bought my EC!!

RU_Emerald

Rough_Rock
Mario,
That was an excellent link with good descriptions. Just a couple questions. I noticed you said the one you bought was very fiery. When you looked at the 1.02E how would you rate the sparkle, and fire? Did you find it something that was very concerning to you? Did the diamond look very elongated? I prefer the more tradional look of an emerald (less squarish). If you did not purchase the 1.15D do you think you would have purchased the 1.02E? Be honest :) anything else you want to mention about the diamond would be appreciated!

Another question for anyone out there. The ring setting I am looking at has tapered Baguette diamonds on the side with the emerald mounted in the center. The accompanying wedding band though will not fit flush against the e-ring. What are your opinions about the band not flush with the e-ring? any thoughts

Thanks

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 10:46:42 PM
Author: RU_Emerald
Mario,
That was an excellent link with good descriptions. Just a couple questions. I noticed you said the one you bought was very fiery. When you looked at the 1.02E how would you rate the sparkle, and fire?
Sorry, RU, had a friend in town and have not been up with the forum.

It had some nice fire, but not nearly as much as the one I bought. The strong point of this diamond is the parallel lines, not so much the fire. I think the table is a little bigger on this one.
Did you find it something that was very concerning to you? The only thing I did not like is when I held it with the tweezers, the claws reflected all through the diamond. I was told this happens but I had not seen it before of really on the diamond I took. (I would look but it is still at the appraiser while I decide on the setting). It was like the girdle provided a window for reflection all through the diamond. Maybe someone can weigh in here. This concerned me scinze I was going with a bezel.

Did the diamond look very elongated? No

I prefer the more tradional look of an emerald (less squarish). If you did not purchase the 1.15D do you think you would have purchased the 1.02E? About a 70% cahnce that I would have. Maybe I would have compared it with another. But as far as specs it was one of the best I could find for the price. I would say bring it in with at least another for comparison with your eye at an appraiser near you. It is worth the cost.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results