shape
carat
color
clarity

need Help on E-Ring Oval Diamond w/ Rose Gold

htp1498

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this board. I really need your help and insights. I am planning to propose to my GF this year. I just begin my journey to search for the best ring within my budget roughly 10k, don't know if this is doable. I know my GF wants something really sparkle around the 1.5 carats mark in oval diamond and set in a simple rose gold thin band like below. I have no idea on terminology of settings ATM, since it's such a simple setting I believe my focus is to look for the best ring possible for her.

this is the setting that she wants

img_9307_3.jpg

I began searching online at bluenile, I have come across this ring below. This is the picture bluenile has sent me, they told me this ring is "eye clean" (VS2) and has minor ribbon. Since it will be set in rose gold, I have lower the color to I because I've read online that Color I diamond goes well with rose gold and with this set up the tint in the diamond would not be that noticeable. Also, this ring has a super blue florescence which I believe it will make the diamond whiter than it actually is and she actually likes diamond with blue sparks under certain lighting. I have check cut specs, the depth % and table % both fall into the excellent cut range for oval diamond.

Diamond Photo - cost is just under $8k
ld05182840.jpg

GIA Cert
untitled_28.jpg

What do you guys think of the color "I" with rose gold? Does the stone looks good to you experts? Do you have any insights or suggestion for me ?

The number one worry for me to buy diamond online is that I can't tell how much fire and sparks it has from the dull picture. What should I Do?

any ideas are welcomed, please help me out. :twirl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I think if you want a well cut oval diamond that really sparkles, you are going to have to use a diamond seller than will do ASET images showing light return. James Allen will provide 3 images on three stones. Good Old Gold can source excellent ovals and do a lot of the work for you in finding them and then show the light performance in a video for you to see.

I think that oval shows a little too much yellow, and the cut doesn't look great to me. I'd personally use Good Old Gold for this project, and otherwise James Allen may be worth looking at, narrowing down to three stones, and then request the images.

htp1498

Rough_Rock
I emailed BlueNile they do not provide ASET for their diamond, which kind of sucks.

Does Color I diamond works with rose gold setting though? especially with the very blue florescence?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't use BlueNile; You'll do better following the above suggestion(s).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't use blue nile for ovals. DS has the best suggestions for you .

htp1498

Rough_Rock
So I contacted GOG, they actually recommended going down to color J diamond to set with the rose gold for my budget to get to that 1.5 carats mark which had me worry because I thought it would be too yellow. I haven't asked them to source any diamonds for me yet as I found out there is a couple hundred dollar service fee for that. I might pay the couple hundred as I am extremely interested in what they can do for me though.

in the meantime, what do you think of this.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/1.29-carat-j-color-vs2-clarity-sku-246827

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results