shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED HELP!! must propose in Toronto next week!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

synth19

Rough_Rock
Hey guys, this is the plan- I''m going to Toronto next weekend to visit my girlfriend. We''ve been in a long distance relationship for over a year, and next weekend is our "official" 1-year anniversary. We usually see each other 1-2 weekends per month. We''ve been lucky to do that. I will have my engagement ring by then, and I definitely want to propose that weekend. I also will be seeing her the 1st and 3rd week in November, but both times are out of question because we won''t be in town and I HAVE TO talk to her dad and ask permission at her house. Now, the problem I have for next weekend is that it will be so predictable if I take her to a romantic spot, or a nice restaurant. We have been talking about wedding plans, so how can I pull this off? How can I take her completely off guard?

This is what I was thinking... today we were on the phone and briefly discussed checking out halls and stuff... what if we did that next weekend, and then stop lastly at the Botanical Gardens (on the Burlington/Hamilton border). Then I can surprise her and propose in some scenic spot? What do you guys think?

Any other suggestions? Now that I think about it, maybe this place is too far from Toronto to take her?

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Are you going to the RBG to scout out picture taking spots? If you want to be spontaneous and casual you can try one of the many great spots along Lake Ontario from Burlington to Toronto. There are nice spots in Burlington and Oakville. The RBG can be crowed one weekends with wedding parties and pictures. If you are going that far from Toronto have you looked at Dundurn Castle grounds? Speaking of Castles, I thnik Casa Loma at night looking south at the Toronto skyline is quite nice.

Good luck

synth19

Rough_Rock
^ thanks, I will take those places into consideration.

synth19

Rough_Rock
oh, RBG was to check out the place for a potential spot for the wedding reception. Do you think it will still be crowded considering the cold?

synth19

Rough_Rock
I think I will go here instead of RBC:

http://www.toronto.com/profile/148341

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, Edwards Gardens is very popular, Good luck I think most of these places make you register and pay a fee for pictures now.

RBG can be busy on weekends still. I believe we checked it out as a wedding place. As I recall, long time ago, that teh room was kind of hotel meeting room like.

Old Mill is another popular place and quite nice, but very comercially run.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Are you a hockey fan? Is she?

I got engaged in front of the Stanley Cup at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto - and I was TOTALLY SHOCKED,
love.gif
SUPRISED AND FLOORED!!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Considering the current temperature in southern Ontario, have you considered proposing inside? There is a really beautiful pearl exhibit at the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) at the moment, it's only Canadian stop. To propose before a Paul Peel at the AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario) would not be a bad idea either. Hope these suggestions have not missed your time frame. Just came in from outside and it's really all of a sudden become fall here.

Edit:

Sorry. Too late for last weekend. Hope it went well....

synth19

Rough_Rock
thanks guys, its actually this weekend (Oct 22nd weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results