shape
carat
color
clarity

need help in choosing between these two

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi Bonified! Welcome
35.gif

I like this one better ... http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-584874.htm#

Firstly, I prefer, actually adore the F color to the I of the other one ... Additionally, the AGS cert diamond plot seems a lot "cleaner" on this one that it does on the other one.

Since both are SI1''s and there appear to be some inclusions apparent in the 40x mag pics, I would definitely contact WF and ask them to confirm whether or not they are "eyeclean".

Good luck on your search!

bonified

Rough_Rock
Right, but I''m pretty sure between "H" and "I" there will be no real visible difference, no?

To justify an increase in price, I''d suspect "F" or "G" would be more apparent to me and my gf.

I like the size of the "I" better, however, again I''m not sure there will be a difference...maybe color is more noticible??

Also, is there anything wrong with just the "old school" $200 ring? Lurking here I''ve noticed most want fancier rings...opinions?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 11:02:44 PM
Author: bonified
Right, but I''m pretty sure between ''H'' and ''I'' there will be no real visible difference, no?

To justify an increase in price, I''d suspect ''F'' or ''G'' would be more apparent to me and my gf.

I like the size of the ''I'' better, however, again I''m not sure there will be a difference...maybe color is more noticible??

Also, is there anything wrong with just the ''old school'' $200 ring? Lurking here I''ve noticed most want fancier rings...opinions?
B/n H & I, I tend to agree with you ... not much of a visible difference.

F or G would certainly be more apparent to you and your gf.

It all boils down to personal preference. If you have looked at diamonds and found yourself to be color sensitive, then I will likely not do, however, G may fit the bill quite nicely.

With regards to the "old school" ring ... What has your gf indicated she likes? Does she like jewelry or would she prefer something more simple or something like you are suggesting ... Forgive me .. what is an "old school" ring for $200?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think he just means the traditional solitaire. And yes, I think that setting is just fine. Then if she falls in love with some other setting in the future, she can reset the stone. I suggested G-H because they are at the top end of the nearcolorless range yet offer price savings over colorless (D-F). Color is always personal preference, so it really depends on whether she wants a whiter stone or a larger one with a slight warmth.

bonified

Rough_Rock
The cheapest ones on Whiteflash (the vender I feel most comfortable with) are $195 for the old Tiffany style. She pretty much wants something around ~1 ct and not too flashy being a school teacher and us being in a small town. She is small and I don''t want a walking billboard for a mugging etc...I think she feels the same way. We aren''t too concerned with appearances..if anything I am more concerned with it.

I want the Wow factor...kind of why I want to go a little over 1 ct. Really I was aiming for 1.25, but I think the 1.12 size difference is negligible. Anyway...the cost isn''t much of a deterence, but we tend to be more conservative...other than that, I''m completely confused about what to get. They told me at WF that the "I" would be white with no probs...

Anyway...these are the things I wanted to bring here...and to get some input from the "street"...haha.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 11:18:31 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I think he just means the traditional solitaire. And yes, I think that setting is just fine. Then if she falls in love with some other setting in the future, she can reset the stone.
DS - Thanks so much!
2.gif
I feel like such a dope ... I was thinking of some sort of entire ring, including the ctr stone for $200. I just had NO idea to what he could be referring but I really wanted to know. So silly!

Thanks for the quick answer!
35.gif
AND for not making me feel dumb.
emembarrassed.gif

bonified

Rough_Rock
ps...she will probably drop dead because she has no idea...I guess that will be a big enough "wow" for me.

Also I think if I get the less expensive setting, I''ll go with Platinum...that seems to be the best metal for only $300 more

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 11:20:15 PM
The cheapest ones on Whiteflash (the vender I feel most comfortable with) are $195 for the old Tiffany style. She pretty much wants something around ~1 ct and not too flashy being a school teacher and us being in a small town. She is small and I don't want a walking billboard for a mugging etc...I think she feels the same way. We aren't too concerned with appearances..if anything I am more concerned with it.

I want the Wow factor...kind of why I want to go a little over 1 ct. Really I was aiming for 1.25, but I think the 1.12 size difference is negligible. Anyway...the cost isn't much of a deterence, but we tend to be more conservative...other than that, I'm completely confused about what to get. They told me at WF that the 'I' would be white with no probs...

Anyway...these are the things I wanted to bring here...and to get some input from the 'street'...haha.
1 - 1.25 is a great size for a ring.
I just purchased the $195 4 prong, white gold, Tiffany style setting this past Christmas from Whiteflash. I will post a pic for you. The diamond is a D/VS2, 0.52 cts so the one you are looking for will literally be twice as big! This should give you a general idea of how it might look.

WFforMom.jpg

bonified

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Got to admit, the "D" looks awfully nice. Plus, I believe it does give you a little bit of satisfaction in knowing you purchased an industry standard "colorless" diamond.

decisions, decisions.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 11:43:30 PM
Thank you! Got to admit, the ''D'' looks awfully nice. Plus, I believe it does give you a little bit of satisfaction in knowing you purchased an industry standard ''colorless'' diamond.

decisions, decisions.
I wouldn''t go for a D, even the experts on here say you (meaning all of us) won''t see the difference between D, E and F. Shoot for F if you want a "colorless" stone.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 8:37:02 AM
Author: Ellen
I wouldn''t go for a D, even the experts on here say you (meaning all of us) won''t see the difference between D, E and F. Shoot for F if you want a ''colorless'' stone.
Ditto to what Ellen said Bonified.
A D is great, however, not entirely necessary, unless it is something you have your heart set on.

If you can find an F at the same size as what you are looking for, there would be some
22.gif
savings there and you would essentially be getting exactly the same thing. E''s & F''s are incredibly white as well!

How''s the search coming along.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results