shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED HELP IDENTIFYING THIS ENGRAVING ON MY RING.....

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post a photo?
Au is gold, and Ag is silver.
900 gold is about 21k and 925 silver is sterling.

Last edited:

CrystalDawn

Rough_Rock
petra1.png

this is what it also says

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Petra? A woman's name. Looks like someone hand engraved their name.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for doing this, stracci. I have been following this thread. I was doubtful the original poster was going to return. It was great you stuck with it!

CrystalDawn, do you want to tell us more about your ring and its mysteries?

CrystalDawn

Rough_Rock
My apologies I haven't been actively online.
Been working a lot.

Yes this ring does look hand graved.
I researched some, but that is why I looked for some help.
I have seen some similar engravings that seemed to be pretty close.
I'm not sure though what the last symbol or letter is.
You can tell there was a stone with it before, so that most likely is a marking for the gem, I have very little experience with jewelry.
Would you like me to post some more pictures?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My apologies I haven't been actively online.
Been working a lot.

Yes this ring does look hand graved.
I researched some, but that is why I looked for some help.
I have seen some similar engravings that seemed to be pretty close.
I'm not sure though what the last symbol or letter is.
You can tell there was a stone with it before, so that most likely is a marking for the gem, I have very little experience with jewelry.
Would you like me to post some more pictures?

Yes, certainly. If you have the time and inclination, photograph the ring from different angles so that we can get a general idea of what it looks like and then photograph the Ag and Au so that we can see how they are marked. I am no expert on markings; I just love gold and silver and own a few pieces of vintage silver. But if you have the time, I do! And, luckily, many other people here know far more than I do.

Best,
Deb/AGBF

CrystalDawn

Rough_Rock
This ring was given to me from a friend. I fell in love instantly. Yet, I just haven't seen anything engraved like this before.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a wild guess, but I once had an acquaintance who made jewelry by hand in a "studio" that was not your traditional jeweler's bench. He just had rudimentary equipment; he was an artisan, a do-it-yourselfer. Is it possible that this ring was made, and engraved by, such an individual? It does not look as if a company made it. Perhaps the artist engraved it with his (her) name and the metals he used in its construction: gold and silver as stracci said above:

Petra
21K Gold
Sterling Silver

It is very pretty and thick. It certainly looks handmade. It looks more like silver to me, but one cannot "see" white gold, so maybe it is an alloy. At any rate, it is very nice. Do you have any more questions? Did we answer the ones you have?

Deb

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is mysterious, for sure.
What's with the hole and seam in the side? Maybe it once held a bezeled stone that's been removed? If that were the case, there would be tool marks left around the hole.
I think this is a homemade piece, like Deb said above.
Alot of welders and machinists make jewelry in their down time.
Maybe it is a piece of something else, and has been converted into a ring. Who knows. If you polish all the scratches out of it, it will look much better.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results