shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help Identifying Pieces!

Llclayton3

Rough_Rock
I am going thru a divorce with a man who I was with for 10 years, and found out that he is a pathological liar, sociopath, and basically just a really good con artist.. When he proposed, it was with what he told me was a 3 karat diamond.
Go figure, it’s not a diamond. We wouldn’t be able to afford that anyway, but his best friend was dying of cancer, and he told me his BF paid for half of it because he wanted me to have something nice. Made sense, and why would someone make that up? Well, I recently found an email from some place called “asha diamonds” (tried to go to the website, and whattya know, it’s been taken down!) with his receipt for a little over $2000. :roll:
27E64A7C-2A4F-4A20-B760-B75CB4FFE502.jpeg 3C2E5B1F-931C-4344-889B-1EC4EB0C0EC7.jpeg 7F13F7F1-51EA-4A8A-AA66-1E00EE67C87F.jpeg
In the last week or 2, I decided I might as well try to sell some of the other jewelry he’d gotten me over the years, even tho I already knew without even checking that it was all almost definitely fake, but I wanted to look up what it was worth either way so I’d know how much to sell it for. I have a David Yurman set of the standard cable quatrefoil silver and gold earrings, and matching lariat necklace. I knew those were knock offs because there are no stampings of any kind, and when he gave them to me, he didn’t present them as David Yurman (or any designer, for that matter), didn’t tell me they were expensive, etc. If they were real, or if he was trying to pass them off as real, he would’ve made a big deal about it, I’m assuming he just didn’t know they were anything special. So, I go to google to try and look up the necklace to see what even a knock off would be worth, and I cannot find this same style necklace ANYWHERE. As far as I can see, he never even made the quatrefoil lariat in this style, with both ends of the chain going thru a sliding pendant. He’s got other slide lariats that do, but not the cable quatrefoil. So I’m scratching my head, because I know in my heart that this is not real, but I can’t even find a similar knock off. It’s actually surprisingly really good quality, especially for a knock off. If it weren’t for the lack of stampings, I would think it was real.
6557C152-856F-4D43-A5E8-B33E8FDB0C4C.jpeg 58EAA79F-807B-49E2-9583-2D7EDE94E48D.jpeg
Another piece he gave me was a tri toned silver knot lariat, I know I’ve seen longer versions of this, but again, I cannot find anything even close to it anywhere online, so I’m not even sure what it would be a knock of off. My friend who’s somewhat of an expert on metals says that the jump ring is titanium, and the black chain is most likely titanium, and he’s about to test the extension chain, but it’s most likely silver, 2 of the chains are probably steel, and the other 2, he’s not sure. It’s not aluminum, he thinks silver or gold. DCC4470F-C07F-44E8-A32A-B15F998B40DF.jpeg
If anyone can help identify or give me ANY answers of any kind, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I have spent countless hours googling the Hell out of these, and have nothing. :confused:

Attachments

• 641D0086-EE34-4C84-BBDE-F4809F420299.jpeg
    641D0086-EE34-4C84-BBDE-F4809F420299.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 29387B9F-96AF-43B6-9084-635E48D1AB34.jpeg
    29387B9F-96AF-43B6-9084-635E48D1AB34.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 5EC62719-2C9D-47B0-AE47-844387C2D34B.jpeg
    5EC62719-2C9D-47B0-AE47-844387C2D34B.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 27

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asha diamonds are a type of Cubic Zirconia, the company Better Than Diamond still sells them.
Are the rings gold? Ie hallmark 14kt / 585 ? The small gems might be real diamonds, a pawnbroker or jeweller could check this for you.
If the settings are gold with melee diamonds, then they are worth some money at least.
The silver necklace and earrings style is a popular “take” on the David Yurman jewellery, numerous different vendors make/ sell this type of jewellery in Sterling Silver (stamped 925) and also a base metals ie just silver Colour. If not stamped with any hallmark, probably just costume jewellery.
The chain necklace, again, a fairly popular style. You would need to get the chains checked for their metal content as they could be just base metal aka costume jewellery or a “higher end” piece with genuine metals.
Hope this helps a bit.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im really sad for you over the breakdown of your marrage and all his lies

Llclayton3

Rough_Rock
im really sad for you over the breakdown of your marrage and all his lies

Thank you. My post barely even scratched the surface of it. I found out he’s a felon, not to mention all the cheating, I mean the list just goes on and on. And he stole my car and phone.. which is obviously why I’m trying to sell the jewelry.. it hasn’t been easy, that’s for sure!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you. My post barely even scratched the surface of it. I found out he’s a felon, not to mention all the cheating, I mean the list just goes on and on. And he stole my car and phone.. which is obviously why I’m trying to sell the jewelry.. it hasn’t been easy, that’s for sure!
oh good Lord you poor thing
i hope you have really supportive, kind, helpful sympathetic people to surround yourself with
i hole your are able to disentangle your lives asap and move on to a much happier and safer place
no wounder you want rid of the jewlery

i had a workmate just last year have a very lucky escape from ending up in a similar situation but lucky it all blew up before a wedding could take place
the low life asked for his $129 white saphire and amethyst silver ring back
i don't have a problem with people shopping to what they can afford but if its not a diamond, don't let her think it is

i hope everything works out soon for you and calmness and happiness returns to your life and you can move forward towards much better days and put that low life far in the past

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s so awful for you, especially after such a long term relationship. He sounds like a waste of space and an oxygen thief! I hope you can put this behind you and move on with your life. Much much better times are ahead once you heal. Sending hugs.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i got couris (excuse my poor spelling- spell check doesn't understand my brain)
and i googled asha diamonds
you know your engagement ring is very pretty and sparkly
not everyone values an actual diamond diamond these days
im sure you'll be able to sell it, (hopefully not to a cheating lying deceitful scum bag) and hopefully you can get a new phone
there is nothing wrong with buying a new phone but a slightly older model, they are alot cheaper and all their faults are not an unknown like the latest model just released
(i wear my phones out before i upgrade and i use my phone for everything)
him taking your car is pretty low

have you been to a lawyer yet ?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results