shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help identifying extremely old gold ring.

Chase0903

Rough_Rock
Can anyone tell me anything about this EXTREMELY old solid gold ring? What era or century it is from? What country it is from? What do the marks mean on the inside? I know it is at least a couple hundred years old. I have done countless hours of research on this piece and haven't come up with much. I have tried to figure out what language and era the symbols are on the inside of it. I had the ring tested to see what the gold purity was and it is 24karat. It is hand made I can tell. It has a big gold ball in the center surrounded by 5 little points that kind of look like a 5 point star, then it has 4 other smaller gold balls and then some gold skirting design looking stuff. I believe why I can't find anything about the ring is because it is so old. Anyways any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

_19951.jpg

_19952.jpg

_19953.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does the hallmark(s) show?

Chase0903

Rough_Rock
They are symbols that I can't identify. I have no idea what the symbols mean. I researched on the website link you posted and can't find anything on there that relates to this piece.

motacilla

Rough_Rock
Hello,
Here's a quote from Wikipedia's entry Jewellery: "These high purity alloys, however, are widely used across Asia, the Middle East and Africa."
I'd look to Asia or the Middle East for this one. A picture of the hallmarks would help :)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was also going to suggest Asia. I've seen that filigree (or seudo-filigree) style used in silver jewelry from Indonesia.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results