shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help from a PSer in the U.K. with getting my hands on some antique plates that are on eBay. Seller won't ship to U.S.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this is a weird request, but if you'd be willing to help, I'd be eternally grateful. Seller lists his/her location as Saltash, United Kingdom. Please contact me here to discuss: https://loupetroop.com/listings/other/starfacet-here

Seller has a very restrictive shipping policy. Other exclusions are Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Northern Ireland. I was unable to message seller about shipping the item to someone else if I were to purchase, so I'm guessing eBay won't let me purchase.

Admin, if this post is not allowed, please let me know. Thanks!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this is a weird request, but if you'd be willing to help, I'd be eternally grateful. Seller lists his/her location as Saltash, United Kingdom. Please contact me here to discuss: https://loupetroop.com/listings/other/starfacet-here

Seller has a very restrictive shipping policy. Other exclusions are Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Northern Ireland. I was unable to message seller about shipping the item to someone else if I were to purchase, so I'm guessing eBay won't let me purchase.

Admin, if this post is not allowed, please let me know. Thanks!

Hope you got this sorted - shipping crockery must be a risky business! lol

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny I did, thanks! I ended up using a company called myukmailbox that purchased the antique plates for me, inspected and photographed them so I could be sure they were in good condition, and repacked and shipped to me. They packed the plates extremely well. It was a relatively inexpensive service too. The photograph and inspect services were add-ons.

I would definitely use them again if I ever wanted to purchase jewelry items from a U.K. dealer. I didn't ask how they handle returns as I didn't think I'd be returning the plates, but it would be a question to ask if returns were a possibility.

Thanks for responding to my post!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny I did, thanks! I ended up using a company called myukmailbox that purchased the antique plates for me, inspected and photographed them so I could be sure they were in good condition, and repacked and shipped to me. They packed the plates extremely well. It was a relatively inexpensive service too. The photograph and inspect services were add-ons.

I would definitely use them again if I ever wanted to purchase jewelry items from a U.K. dealer. I didn't ask how they handle returns as I didn't think I'd be returning the plates, but it would be a question to ask if returns were a possibility.

Thanks for responding to my post!
Ooh, excellent :)

Good to get a review of a decent company as well!

Hope the plates look lovely :)

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes ma'am @Gussie! They're the green ones stacked in front. The other two I got from eBay (top plate) and Letgo. I have a few more on display in my china cabinet but the room is a mess due to quarantine home reorganization so I don't want to photograph them right now. :D

The maker is George Jones and Sons, also known as Crescent China. They date from the turn of the last century. My collection started with a couple of plates in different colors from an eBay seller just a few months ago. In just a short time, I've found several others. Yes, my house looks like my great grandmother lives here. :lol:

IMG_20200626_180506.jpg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes ma'am @Gussie! They're the green ones stacked in front. The other two I got from eBay (top plate) and Letgo. I have a few more on display in my china cabinet but the room is a mess due to quarantine home reorganization so I don't want to photograph them right now. :D

The maker is George Jones and Sons, also known as Crescent China. They date from the turn of the last century. My collection started with a couple of plates in different colors from an eBay seller just a few months ago. In just a short time, I've found several others. Yes, my house looks like my great grandmother lives here. :lol:

IMG_20200626_180506.jpg

You and I would get along fabulously!! Those are gorgeous! I'm not sure what is a bigger passion for me - dishes or jewelry!

I have lots of George Jones majolica pieces. GJ was the premier maker of English majolica until the turn of the century. Beautiful stuff!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie same! I have an antique plate rack on layaway that I'm going to put my Russian plates on and I still don't know where I'm going to put it in my house :lol:

IMG_20191013_135905.jpg

Glad to meet a fellow George Jones lover!!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Starfacet I’m really sorry but I’ve only just seen this thread. If I’d seen it before, I would have replied (as a UK PSer)!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Starfacet I’m really sorry but I’ve only just seen this thread. If I’d seen it before, I would have replied (as a UK PSer)!
No worries! I found a great resource someone else might need!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No worries! I found a great resource someone else might need!

Definitely sounds like a great service - better than the seller shipping directly to you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results