shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED HELP finding diamond studs (2.5 ctw)

Ejbjch

Rough_Rock
I posted a few days ago about the earrings I bought from Blue Nile sight unseen (stats below). I received them and one of the diamonds has an inclusion visible to the naked eye, which was surprising given that it's VS2 and I've seen SI1's that are eye clean. The diamonds perform beautifully and had great HCA scores, but I want something eye clean - not sure if this means I need to go up to VS1. Don't want to compromise on color below H. I'm looking for total carat weight around 2.5 (2.45-2.6 ideally). Somewhere around 15k.
Thanks in advance for your help!!

Both stones are G/VS2 GIA triple x

Diamond 1:
1.27ct
Depth: 62.3%
Table: 57%
Crown: 35.5
Pavilion: 40.6
No fluorescence
Slightly thick girdle

Diamond 2:
1.25ct
Depth: 62.8%
Table: 56%
Crown: 35
Pavilion: 40.8
No fluorescence
Slightly thick girdle

Q

Queenie60

I suggest you contact Yekutiel at ID Jewelry - he may be able to find something for you as he's quite resourceful and very trustworthy. Also try Whiteflash. Good luck :wavey:

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ejbjch|1478031228|4092733 said:
but I want something eye clean - not sure if this means I need to go up to VS1.

With most diamonds a VS2 will be fine to find an eye-clean stone. As a matter of fact many people consider VS1 overkill for studs. Either way, most reputable sellers will have an in-house gemologist who can tell you with certainty whether or not a diamond is eye-clean. Just make certain whoever you buy from has a quality return policy so, if you are not satisfied, you can keep looking.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they both close in mm (size)? Do you have any up close images? The 62.8 depth is a little worrisome...just wondering if they
both have the same look. Have you seen images of them? Can you post?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diameter is extremely important to look at when buying a matched pair. We would have recommended against the second one because of the depth.

These are measurements to help you stay in ideal cut territory with a GIA excellent cut stone.

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0 (up to 35.5 crown angle can sometimes work with a 40.6 pav angle)

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9 (sometimes 41.0 if the crown angle is close to 34)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results