shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding DBTY pendant

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My mother has a lot of health issues, including early stages of dementia, and she had a 1/2 carat WG DBTY necklace from Brian Gavin. I don’t feel comfortable with her wearing it out anymore and looking for a replacement.

I bought one from Nordstroms and it was smooth on the back and not pointy and she noticed. So, I definitely need it to be pointy on the backside. Any ideas where I could look?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there some safety or hygiene reason your mother cannot continue wearing the BGD necklace? Is she in a nursing home or something so you fear someone may steal it? Otherwise, why not let your mother enjoy wearing the real thing?

eta: I don't know of a substitute but since your mother is aware of the feel of the BGD and finds it familiar, even with the dementia she is making her preference known to you. It is her necklace after all...

eta: My father had early onset dementia which turned into Alzheimer's and I was his secondary caregiver so I have experience in caring for a parent with dementia.

Last edited:

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Is there some safety or hygiene reason your mother cannot continue wearing the BGD necklace? Is she in a nursing home or something so you fear someone may steal it? Otherwise, why not let your mother enjoy wearing the real thing?

eta: I don't know of a substitute but since your mother is aware of the feel of the BGD and finds it familiar, even with the dementia she is making her preference known to you. It is her necklace after all...

eta: My father had early onset dementia which turned into Alzheimer's and I was his secondary caregiver so I have experience in caring for a parent with dementia.

Thank you Marymm for your response. Sorry about your father. Yes, I am concerned it will be stolen. My parents get picked up by the Physical Therapy’s bus service and the PT is not in the best area. When she was an inpatient there I would never wear any jewelry and always carry a cross body.

I am the only child and it is all on me. My father refuses to hire someone even though he can afford it. Trying just to get through each day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results