shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding an opal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys. So I had an idea to maybe do either opal earrings or an opal necklace for my sister for Christmas. Opal is her birthstone and she only has two rings and she loves this stone. I''d like to keep the stone cost under 50.00. I''ve been looking around but haven''t found THE stone/stones. If anyone happens to see any nice ones could you let me know? I''m thinking 1-1.5 for a necklace or like .5 total weight for earrings?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Have you looked at Aussie Treasure Chest? Some of the opals in their $50 and under category are pretty although they are under a carat.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
why not just buy something that''s set already? i don''t think you''re going to gain a much better stone by pricing it yourself. just make sure you''re not getting a doublet or triplet if you do buy something already set.

movie zombie

ma re

Ideal_Rock
What type of opal do you have in mind - light, dark, crystal, fire, boulder, matrix...?

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
$50??

You might be able to find a nice Doublet or Triplet on eBay in that price range.
But, I doubt if you will have much luck in finding a "Solid Natural Opal" with much color flash in that price range.

Joker....

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 2:12:05 PM
Author: The Joker
$50??

You might be able to find a nice Doublet or Triplet on eBay in that price range.
But, I doubt if you will have much luck in finding a ''Solid Natural Opal'' with much color flash in that price range.

Joker....
White ones tend to be in the 200/ct range, so she might find one. Even lower quality blacks and boulders can be found for that much, not to mention matrix. Mexican fire opals tend to be in the 100/ct range from what I know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results