shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a mount for a giant stone!

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
So I bought a friend this 11 ct unheated ruby for Christmas from Mastercut's Rocktober sale:

IMG_3165.jpg

Dimensions: 13.7x12 mm

As a gift, Mastercut also included two little iolite side stones, also oval, 7x5 mm each.

My friend's uninitiated into the world of jewelry and is very excited about this (she knows I'm giving her a honking big stone and two little stones, she just doesn't know what they are), but doesn't know much about having jewelry mounted. She's also having a hard time finding a good jeweler in the Philadelphia area, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Stuller doesn't seem to have any pre-made mounts for either oval rings or pendants with center stones larger than 12x10 mm.

Is there anywhere else to look, or is this just going to have to be a custom job? If so, can anyone recommend custom folks who'd be reasonable bets for semi-precious stones that didn't cost a fortune in the first place? I've heard good things about Yvonne Raley on Etsy. I'd just feel incredibly guilty if my friend ends up spending a lot of money to set what I thought would be a fun gift :(

Thanks, PS!

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
Update--have decided not to use the ruby after all for this particular project. No need to go on the hunt!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results