shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help choosing between these two

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bgarvey

Rough_Rock
So I finally narrowed down my choices and I think I''m in the home stretch. Assuming these two are priced the same, which one would you guys choose:

#1)
Shape: Round Brilliant
Carat Weight: 2.20
Color: G
Clarity: Vs2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Table %: 56.00
Depth %: 61.30
Girdle: Thin
Culet: N
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 8.38-8.41x5.15
Length/Width ratio: 1.00
GIA: 2101799348

or
2)
Table %: 59
Depth %: 59.8
Girdle: M-Stk
Measurements: 8.51-8.46x5.07
GIA: 5101880387

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/25/2009 2:39:12 PM
Author:bgarvey
So I finally narrowed down my choices and I think I'm in the home stretch. Assuming these two are priced the same, which one would you guys choose:

#1)
Table %: 56.00
Depth %: 61.30
Girdle: Thin
Measurements: 8.38-8.41x5.15
Length/Width ratio: 1.00
GIA: 2101799348

or
2)
Table %: 59
Depth %: 59.8
Girdle: M-Stk
Measurements: 8.51-8.46x5.07
GIA: 5101880387
I will just try to get the report links so we have all the info....

http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=2101799348&weight=2.20

http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=5101880387&weight=2.20

Both show potential, I would lean toward the first one but an Idealscope image for each would be very helpful if you could get one, does the vendor who has the diamonds offer Idealscope images?

bgarvey

Rough_Rock
No, unfortunately no idealscope images. Why do you lean towards the first one?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
First stone for me too. Prefer that table to angles combination.

loverock

Shiny_Rock
It seems the major difference between these 2 stones are the table size. It would be your personally preference as to which size table would you like.

I am not an expert, but the #2 stone''s crown angle seems low to me. The diamond might look flat?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/25/2009 3:05:21 PM
Author: bgarvey
No, unfortunately no idealscope images. Why do you lean towards the first one?
Because of the angle combination and smaller table, an Idealscope image would be best in order to check how well the angles do in fact work together to check for light leakage, have you seen these in person or are they online?

bgarvey

Rough_Rock
I saw the second in person, the first i''ve just seen online. I''m working on idealscope images but having a hard time getting one unfortunately. I still don''t quite understand where the non in-house stones come from. I really liked the second stone though in person.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing wrong with the second stone, just personal preference on my part that I prefer the first stone's smaller table. Non in-house diamonds come from other vendor, or the cutting house that owns it. Few jewelers actually own all of the diamonds they displayed in their showcase. Mostly by own by the cutting house and gets called in by whichever vendor that needs it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2009 1:35:14 PM
Author: bgarvey
I saw the second in person, the first i've just seen online. I'm working on idealscope images but having a hard time getting one unfortunately. I still don't quite understand where the non in-house stones come from. I really liked the second stone though in person.
The diamonds on the listings are owned by the cutting houses/ suppliers and are often listed with multiple vendors which gives them all a chance at a sale. If a client expresses interest in one of these in the case of some of the PS vendors the diamond has to be sent for and then evaluated by the vendor's experts in order to see if it is a good purchase for the client. Some will not pass muster and meet the vendor's standards so they can offer their range of benefits on the diamond ( buy back, upgrade policies etc) and the client is advised not to proceed, other vendors take a different approach and as they don't offer as much in the way of upgrade policies or buy back and so on, can give the client their opinion and the client can purchase or not as the case may be.

You can read more here.

http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/12/1/Why-are-there-several-dealers-offering-the-exact-same-stone.aspx

If you have seen and liked the second diamond, no reason not to consider it I think. This diamond might be geared more towards brilliance than fire so check it out away from the store lights to make sure you like how it looks in plain daylight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results