shape
carat
color
clarity

need help buying DIAMOND RING..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond326

Rough_Rock
hey guys I am trying to buy an engagement ring and i have one on my eyes from BN here is the info on it, I would like somebody to comment on it. Is it worth buying it for that price or not.. my main concer is that it needs to be sparkly..problem is that when you buy something from internet you cant see it.. so here you go info on it.

Carat weight: 1.20
Cut: Signature Princess
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 64.2%
Table %: 69%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Thin
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.13x6.00x3.85 mm
Crown height: 10.4%
Length/width ratio: 1.02
price: $6,200

I would love to buy a 1.5c diamond but thats too much money..I rather go with something that sparkles a lot and looks pretty.. LOL yeah I know..

diamond326

Rough_Rock

nobody is being able to help me?? lol .. whats going on..? lol

Ill add one more Question then... will this diamond look good in this setting??

Platinum Trellis Setting from BN also... Does it have to have a high table in order too look good with this setting? I don`t want the diamond to look hidden in this setting....

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing like looking for a ring :)

You will get better responce over here.

Best of luck.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Nobody can actually tell with fancy shapes, but this one sure seems to be promising from the data you''ve posted. Just out of curiosity, I had a look around mainly to compare your price figure, and I found a few stones I thought you might like to have a look at, maybe just to get a feel of what''s currently on the market.

This one is half the price you''re paying on the 1.20 I/VS1... It is I1 and F color... I think it''s lovely, and the price is really ok on this one http://www.exceldiamonds.com/diamond/194.html; while an F,SI2 lruns about $5.5K http://www.exceldiamonds.com/diamond/149.html. This one has close color/clarity rating to yours..but it is rectangular and a bit deep..It is only $5K, though 1.12 I,VVS2 http://www.exceldiamonds.com/diamond/159.html. Another god value for the money is this 1.22 H,SI1 http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-1154688.htm.

So, it seems like the price you''ve been quoted is fairly good, but not exceptionally competitive IMO. If you go down to SI1, I suspect you might be able to to get very close, or even reach the 1.50ct mark.
1.gif

diamond326

Rough_Rock

See the most important thing for me in a diamond is its CUT.. I need it to be as SHINY as possible and I think IDEAL CUT is what I need, a lot of IDEAL CUT DIAMONDS are expensive... I rather buy a 1.20 IDEAL cut which shines as much as possible rather then a DULL 1.5c.

What you think??

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Focusing on cut is the best way to find a great looking diamond. However, with princess cut there is an increased need to consider the actual stone on its own visible merit (more can be determined about a round on numbers alone).

With any internet diamond purchase I advise you first pursue criteria you have decided on - particulars of cut, clarity, color, size - and then work with someone reputable who will provide photos & info and "eyeball" any candidate(s) for you. Namely, a trusted vendor and/or appraiser, and finally yourself.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The stones I posted are all very comparable in terms of cutting to yours...as a matter of facts, some are even better. That being said, I do agree with you, cut is one of the most important factors when it comes to diamonds.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results