shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Game and Activity Ideas for Bachelorette/Bridal Shower

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, this is much longer than I had anticipated...

My sis is getting married in about a month. This is her second marriage and she''s been divorced for right at a year. I offered to host a Stock the Bar Party in lieu of an actual Bridal Shower since she really just had a shower 3 yrs ago. They don''t need a new mixer, but they would love some nice glassware and acc. However, sis has decided that she should also have a bachelorette party. This threw me for a loop because I definitely don''t consider her a bachelorette. But, I do want to have a party that she''ll really love. SOO, we have to do all of the festivities on one day due to some out of towners.

The event will start at 3pm (to accommodate the male half of the couples who will be paintballing that day). Per my sis''s request, the Bachelorette portion will come first, followed by a Couples Stock the Bar followed by a night out of drinking. This isn''t my ideal setup but I''m trying to make it work. We will have approx 3.5 hrs to entertain the women before the men arrive. We will obviously be providing food and beverage and I''m afraid this is going to turn into a drunk fest with all of these young women. I need game ideas that will be fun and perhaps keep them from getting wasted before the men arrive. Additionally, because there is planned excessive drinking for most of the women, we will have to stay at one location (sis''s house) because I will not be responsible for drunk driving.

I think Bachelorette party games as well as regular Bridal Shower games would be appropriate since it''s a mixed event. ANY game ideas are welcome! But, we are limited to being indoors unless Snowmen are part of the plan! The ladies range in age from 20-24 and then there''s a couple of us "old" women who are 30 and my mom. (mom would not be offended by any game, so don''t let that deter your creativity)

I''ve only been to one bachelorette party (they''re not really done in this area) and it ended with a stripper''s broken nose, so I''m at quite a loss for this portion.

btw-I know I''m coming off pretty sour about the whole thing. I planned a lovely event that started with pedis, followed by getting a private room at a great restaurant where we could do some bachelorette things, fancy bar drinks, and ended with the couples portion. My sis said it was "way too old." I also planned the STB portion first and a scavenger hunt about town after for the ladies. That''s when I was informed about the planned drinkfest. I even planned a raunchy, trashy party and that was also turned down.

TIA for any suggestions!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Any chance the bachelorette portion could be a "Passion Party"?

That way you get the naughty in, she can grab a few things for the honeymoon, and it''s be a fabulous, giggly, girly, alcohol-infused good time!

My other tip is to ask her if she really wants "games". I love my friends and am SO grateful for the way they spoiled me, but I hated all the awkward games I had to play!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Yes, sis definitely wants games, lots of them!!

She had a Passion Party for her first marriage bachelorette party so I don''t want to duplicate.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Man, I suck at this. :)

Then... The only game I really loved was the one where my SIL at the family shower had everyone write down a bit of advice for me, but not sign it. Then I had to read them out loud and guess who wrote what. Some were really funny and some were really sweet, and it was definitely all good advice! She then made a scrapbook for me as part of our wedding gift with pictures from my shower and bachelorette party and included the words of wisdom. I''ll definitely treasure it forever! (You don''t have to actually make a scrapbook necessarily, but giving the advice back to her in a keepsake box or something would be a great idea too.)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Katy~ If you suck so do I. We did a similar game at her first Bridal shower.... See, all of my best ideas are already used!!

btw- my piece of advice was "All Naked, All the Time!" Guess it didn''t work that well....

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Dangit! I''m going to just chalk it up to great minds thinking alike. :)
10.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
These might be too raunchy, but these were played at a couple showers I went to. The women at the party were mostly late 20s - early 30s with a few in their early 40s.

1. Each person were given a cucumber and a knife. The objective is to crave the cucumber into a penis. Then you vote on the best one.

2. Each person gets a condom, a jar of baby food, an alka-seltzer pill, and a bottled water. The person has to eat the baby food, then put the alka-seltzer pill in the jar. Add water to the jar and immediately put the condom over the jar mouth. The person with the longest inflated condom wins.

3. Divide the guests into equal teams of three or more players. Each team get an unripe banana and a condom. The host/person running the game puts lotion on the players'' dominant hands. The players of the team take turn unrolling the condom down the banana, and then rolling it back up. Once every player had a turn, the last player waves the condom and banana in the air, and yells "we''re the condom queens."

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
qt~ I think these games are in the right direction. Thanks!!

I have had an idea, but as I''m "old" I thought I''d ask for some opinions on it.

The idea is this....

Get bread dough from the store and let it rise ahead of time.

Put out ingredients that would cover pizza, cinnamon rolls, pretzels, dips, and other odds and ends.

Split the girls into teams and let them make whatever they want (each team would get one loaf of dough). One team would be in the kitchen at a time. Only girls who wanted to participate would be involved. I''m certainly not making anybody cook if they don''t want to.

Some of the girls can''t cook so it would be funny to see what they could do, others are great cooks so we may get really tasty treats.

Obviously if you don''t like to cook this would be a terrible game for you, but in general, what do you think??

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Pin the macho on the man (like pin the donkey).Sold at those party supply places.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
Make a cake in the shape of a man, with a banana sticking up.
31.gif

Or, make a cake in the shape of a penis.

Play that game (is it Scattergories?) where you roll for a letter (or pick a letter) and have everyone write down as many words as they can that have to do with a certain subject. Subjects could be anything like "Romance" "Wedding Night" "Sexy Time" "Manliness"... You get a point for each word that no one else has. You might run out of themes/words after a bit, but I''m thinking 3-4 rounds might be about right. The reading out of the words will be the hilarious part. Bonus: Use pencils with the penis eraser that can be picked up in any novelty/sex store.

Have one of these Sex Toy Parties where the lady comes to show the sex toys, what they''re for, etc. with a little sales spiel at the end. Definitely hilarious, enlightening, and educational.

If you are worried about the alcohol level, maybe you could mix a not-so-strong punch for the girls'' portion. You definitely don''t want to get the ball rolling too quickly, or you''re looking at disaster before 8pm!
3.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the ideas!

Pin the Macho on the Man just doesn''t seem right though....I don''t want to be carrying a round a member and poking it with a tack....Perhaps the other girls would like it....lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results