shape
carat
color
clarity

Need E-ring Design Help / Inspiration - Ajaffe Tulip, Stuller Floral

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kayla17 - I noticed that you have a different ring in your profile pic now. It also looks like a Dahlia, but with pave on the shank? It reminds me of the pictures I've seen of Gussie's Dahlia. Can you tell me more about the ring in your profile pic? I think it's very close to what I would want if I get a Dahlia.

Hello,
Yes, it's similar to the Dahlia. IIRC a few years ago @D&T had David Klass make a petal eight prong setting. It's the ring that is in @goldenfire 's avatar (I think D&T sold that ring to goldenfire but it was originally D&T's ring).

I always remembered that thread so I actually emailed DK about making me a very similar ring. But then during the same week that I emailed DK, @D&T posted a thread for a new yellow diamond ring that DK had just made for her. I absolutely loved it! It was basically the exact ring I was going to ask DK to make had I modified @goldenfire's ring.

Here is her thread- https://www.pricescope.com/communit...e-in-david-klass-two-tone-yg-platinum.250230/

So I asked David for the same style ring but modified it because I wanted a platinum head and rose gold shank, I wanted a thicker beefier shank ( I don't want a delicate shank 2 mm shank)- the shank goes from 1.7mm to 2.7 mm on the palm side ( I think @D&T's is 3 mm on the palm side) , a larger and higher donut so my diamond band doesn't hit the prong basket and it's easier to clean with a toothbrush, larger pave diamonds and only five diamonds on each side.
Just from having different settings in the past I kind of already knew what I wanted and what worked for me and my lifestyle.

Here are the actual specs as per DK that he sent with the appraisal-
Plt and 18kt rose gold weight is 6.38 grams, .21 cts of G VS round brilliant diamonds size 5.5. Also I added two melee burnish set rubies at the 3 o clock and 9 o clock marks on inside of shank.

CutMonkey

Rough_Rock
Hello,
Yes, it's similar to the Dahlia. IIRC a few years ago @D&T had David Klass make a petal eight prong setting. It's the ring that is in @goldenfire 's avatar (I think D&T sold that ring to goldenfire but it was originally D&T's ring).

I always remembered that thread so I actually emailed DK about making me a very similar ring. But then during the same week that I emailed DK, @D&T posted a thread for a new yellow diamond ring that DK had just made for her. I absolutely loved it! It was basically the exact ring I was going to ask DK to make had I modified @goldenfire's ring.

Here is her thread- https://www.pricescope.com/communit...e-in-david-klass-two-tone-yg-platinum.250230/

So I asked David for the same style ring but modified it because I wanted a platinum head and rose gold shank, I wanted a thicker beefier shank ( I don't want a delicate shank 2 mm shank)- the shank goes from 1.7mm to 2.7 mm on the palm side ( I think @D&T's is 3 mm on the palm side) , a larger and higher donut so my diamond band doesn't hit the prong basket and it's easier to clean with a toothbrush, larger pave diamonds and only five diamonds on each side.
Just from having different settings in the past I kind of already knew what I wanted and what worked for me and my lifestyle.

Plt and 18kt rose gold weight is 6.38 grams, .21 cts of G VS round brilliant diamonds size 5.5. Also I added two melee burnish set rubies at the 3 o clock and 9 o clock marks on inside of shank.

Thanks @kayla17 - Is there a thread on your current ring?

I'd love to ask you a few questions. I tried to find you on LoupeTroop but couldn't. Listing in case you want to get in touch: https://loupetroop.com/listings/other/for-kayla17. Thanks!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

CutMonkey

Rough_Rock
Just a quick update. I've chosen the stone now (2.635 F VS2 WF ACA!!). Huge thanks to @LLJsmom who has previously seen this stone, and was kind enough to provide me lots of feedback and photos!

Given the size of the stone, I was worried that my partner and I would come to regret the halo on the A. Jaffe, so I'm working with David Klass on a design similar to @kayla17 ring! I'm very excited, and couldn't have gotten this far without all the wonderful help from this community.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick update. I've chosen the stone now (2.635 F VS2 WF ACA!!). Huge thanks to @LLJsmom who has previously seen this stone, and was kind enough to provide me lots of feedback and photos!

Given the size of the stone, I was worried that my partner and I would come to regret the halo on the A. Jaffe, so I'm working with David Klass on a design similar to @kayla17 ring! I'm very excited, and couldn't have gotten this far without all the wonderful help from this community.

This is going to be beautiful! I can’t wait to see the finished product.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You're welcome. I am sure your SO will love the stone and the ring. It will blow her away.

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I love the ring on your avatar and the design. Could you post more pictures please?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excited to see the final product! Its going to be beautiful

CutMonkey

Rough_Rock
Signed off on the final CAD Monday, and the stone is on its way to DK now. David has been great to work with, can't wait to see the end result!

CutMonkey

Rough_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results