shape
carat
color
clarity

Need dust! My diamond studs are missing...

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember putting them in a stupid place: on top of a hand mirror on a bedroom shelf. I e taken everything off and combed the entire floor. Ugh. Mad at myself!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no what a nightmare :cry2: fingers crossed you find them soon

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sending you fairy dust to find your missing ear rings! Hope they are located soon.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember putting them in a stupid place: on top of a hand mirror on a bedroom shelf. I e taken everything off and combed the entire floor. Ugh. Mad at myself!

Take your time and do a search like on a grid. Be methodical. Dust for good luck!

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
If they fell... they will have bounced - so do a broad search. Sometimes I'll shut off the lights and use a small flashlight. Easier to see the glint.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
sending dust, how upsetting!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buckets of diamond stud finding *****DUST***** being sent your way.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
loose something else (not too valuable or sentimental) then your earings will turn up

good luck - they will be there somewhere
just visualise the releaf when you find them and how pretty they look in your ears

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with using a grid pattern. Start in a corner of the room and work your way over the whole room...If you have wall to wall carpet check the edges where it meets the wall. I drop my studs and they wind up halfway across the room! They bounce! The flashlight is another good idea. Fingers and toes crossed for you!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh no - how terrible!
Maybe you didn’t put them on the mirror.
Sometimes one is so sure she did something, then realize she only thought about it and actually did something else without really paying attention to the task at hand.
I recently misplaced something and found it in an entirely different place than I expected.
Good luck with your search, and don’t do any vacuuming until you find your studs.

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
Oh no - how terrible!
Maybe you didn’t put them on the mirror.
Sometimes one is so sure she did something, then realize she only thought about it and actually did something else without really paying attention to the task at hand.
I recently misplaced something and found it in an entirely different place than I expected.
Good luck with your search, and don’t do any vacuuming until you find your studs.

Yep. My ering was missing for about a month. I thought it must have been thrown out when I did a cleanout as I usually keep it in a particular place and found the box open and no ring, and I had recently cleaned out a lot of stuff from that spot lately that it could get caught in. I found it last week in an espresso cup in our medicine cupboard. I sometimes do put it in one of the cups on the espresso machine if I take it off in the kitchen but hadn't recalled doing so last time, and someone else had put this cup in the medicine cupboard (probably to keep it safe) as I never put it up there.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Don't panic, keep looking, you'll find them eventually (I totally second the "no vacuuming until you find them" advice). My rule is this: my important jewelry pieces are either on me, or in their respective jewelry boxes. Nowhere else, ever. If I want to remove them for any reason whatsoever and if I need to trek across the house to place them in their boxes, I do so. No exceptions.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Yes, flashlight and grid search... and sending dust that you find them!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope they turn up!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I know exactly what you're feeling. :cry2: I wish you good luck in your search!!!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't lost earrings. But I've dropped them. I agree with a grid search, and trying a flashlight in the dark. You can also put tights, a very thin sock or stockings on the hose of your vacuum's nozzle and slowly go over the floor with it, so that if you pick them up, they won't be sucked into the vacuum.

Fingers crossed, and I said a prayer to St. Anthony, patron saint of lost items, asking he help you find them.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This sounds crazy, but I find my target every time by dong this: I get my eye as level as I can with the floor. You'll be amazed at how the different perspective affects your vision. Top down vs side view. Just yesterday I dropped the La Pousette back to my WF studs. Could not 'see' it just standing there looking. So I got down on my knees, & did the eye to the floor trick, & lo & behold, there it was. Best of luck finding them!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about behind or between things like shelves, cabinets, down between the bed and something...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This sounds crazy, but I find my target every time by dong this: I get my eye as level as I can with the floor. You'll be amazed at how the different perspective affects your vision. Top down vs side view. Just yesterday I dropped the La Pousette back to my WF studs. Could not 'see' it just standing there looking. So I got down on my knees, & did the eye to the floor trick, & lo & behold, there it was. Best of luck finding them!!
I drop my La Pousette backs all the time!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So. . . have you found them? Sure hope so!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’re baaaaaaaack! So happy. Cleaning person dusted that shelf and moved them!!!!! Yeah. I’m convinced your DUST helped!!!

Johnbt

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Great. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I was about to volunteer to bring my wife over and find them for you. We're good. And lucky. :lol-2:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
aahhhh wonderful news....:appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a relief you found them.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am SO RELIEVED!! So glad they're back! Yaaaaaaay! :appl:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't panic, keep looking, you'll find them eventually (I totally second the "no vacuuming until you find them" advice). My rule is this: my important jewelry pieces are either on me, or in their respective jewelry boxes. Nowhere else, ever. If I want to remove them for any reason whatsoever and if I need to trek across the house to place them in their boxes, I do so. No exceptions.
this sounds very good advice i must abide by

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results