shape
carat
color
clarity

Need dress quest help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I''m having a hard time finding the dress of my dreams, and I figure that if it actually exists at least one of my fellow BIW''s must be able to help me. I swear, you guys are almost scary at how good you are with wedding dress ideas and links!
9.gif

So what I''m looking for is a dress with embroidered or painted flowers wandering across it, yet it can''t be a formal ball-gown. My favorite look is when the color is concentrated in one portion like the bottom or along one side.
30.gif
I''m thinking either an asian theme with cherry blossoms or with wandering vines with flowers, or even just big random pretty flowers or other plant-themed decoration. The dress should be of a lighter material like chiffon, linen, or a light silk rather than satin since it''ll be a beach wedding. The base color should be white-ish (ivory, champagne, etc...) just so there''s no mistaking I''m the bride, and I''d prefer it if the dress not only did not have a train but was maybe a little shorter than floor length.

What do you ladies think? Does my dream dress exist?
33.gif

5.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Organza, flowers, comes in floor legth and Ivory:
Watters 6845

Also organza, hand painted flowers, comes in white, ivory and floorlength:
Watters 5642

Sorry, I don''t know how to make it show the images. These are both maids dresses, so they''ll be affordable too.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
An Alfred Angelo wedding dress... link

alfredangelo_flowers.jpg

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Beaded silk dress
Dramatic one-shoulder silk chiffon dress encircled by a beautiful golden beaded design. Side zip. 33" from the waist. Lined.

5s2253a_5.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
A bridesmaid dress that''s pretty pale...but the pattern is all over. link

alfredangelo_bluebridesmaid.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
What about this one? Check out the back.

Watters 2066B

ETA: Oops! I misread. I thought you wanted a train.

I'll keep looking.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
detail

5s2253a_Swat.JPG

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I love that Scala beaded one, my little sister wore it in black and white for her prom, but that champagne color is beautiful!

E B

Ideal_Rock

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
LOL! I knew I could count on you ladies!
9.gif

Mercoledi I love the second watters dress (5642)! I have to get down to ABQ and try that on!! hmm, I hope they have it.

Albicocca The alfred angelo dress is one of my all time favorites and is what got me started yearning after a wedding dress in this vein. (although I've always loved the look in other clothes). Unfortunately that particular dress really does qualify as a ballgown type and is just not going to work visually for my destination beach wedding. Picture groom standing next to me in linen shorts and bare feet. See what I mean?

Starset What a wonderfully slinky dress! Makes me think of a woodslands nymph! And the color looks good on me. I love the fluttery hem!! It's from Scala?

Ebree the david's bridal dress looks very interesting. While it doesn't have color I do like the embroidery flowers and layered hem. It also looks in shape a great deal like a bridesmaids dress my fiance pointed out to me as what he'd like me to wear. This was shortly after I lost the shorts fig... er .. disscusion, and he has been apparently reading over my shoulder when I look at bridal **** magazines.
20.gif
The word groomzilla occasionally comes to mind.
31.gif
Anyway, we just got a David's in town and I'll go check it out this weekend.

Thanks for the suggestions and keep 'em coming!!
35.gif

ETA: MelissaSue One word: Drool!!

saturn

Shiny_Rock
If you want to go with an Asian look, check out the "Special Qipao" section of efushop.com. They have a pretty decent selection of dresses with handpainted or embroidered flowers like you described.

Not to toot my own horn too much, but here is a picture of the dress that I ordered for my rehearsal dinner. It''s white silk with handpainted cherry blossoms along one side, custom-made to my measurements. It was really pretty, and I got a lot of compliments on it:

qipaobr2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results