shape
carat
color
clarity

Need assistance finding out where I can find this style:

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Hello Everyone,

If anyone would know, it's the people on pricescope. I'm looking to find out where I can find a designer or designers who have settings in the following style for solitaires (please see attached picture).

Thanks for your help everyone!!!

Sylvia

Attachments

• Ring 13.bmp
    423.5 KB · Views: 842

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Sylvia! That is a very interesting setting. The problem with it is that the head sits so high that it would be in great danger of hitting the stone all the time. Most people want a stone set lower than that to protect it. But I am afraid I can't identify it for you.

However, there is a gorgeous setting that reminds me a little of that in that it has diamonds around the side of the main diamond.

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...ulia-Solitaire/12794553_T9nUz#822099885_AiLM5

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Thank you and I totally agree! I definitely do not want it anywhere near as high as the one in the picture. Many things interest me me about this ring.

I'm interested in the dual metal (still debating betweening pink or yellow gold).
I love the idea that the top is very modern and clean but there's a little bit of charm from the side view.

My DF helped me pick out a beautiful center stone. 2.35, I, Rectangular Cushion VS2 VG/G and I wear a size 5.5. It's between this type of setting or two pears flanking the center stone. Unsure of what to do and needed help deciding. I'm hoping all of the cushion lovers on this thread can help :roll:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've not seen that setting either but it reminds me a bit of a Bailey Banks and Biddle design years ago. They have since gone out of business. I'm not sure how it would work with a more rectangular shaped stone like your got. You could probably get a custom ring done with someone who uses cad/cam so you could get a little bit of an idea of what it will look like.

Do you have a picture of your current ring/stone?

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Birks in Canada has a ring like that - http://www.birks.com/en/static/engagement/engagement.htm

It's a white gold collar though. I wouldn't pay the premium for a Birks though, and I don't believe they'll sell their settings without a center. They like to think of themselves as the Tiffany's of the North.

Regardless, I think custom would be a good choice. That way you could cater the height of the ring to your needs as well.

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Thank you guys for the replies! Its SINCERELY appreciated.

I am definitely going for a custom design and my jeweler can give me an image before we start in on the wax model. However, I wanted to see if I could "articulate" my vision via pictures of similar rings. Or even rings with similar components (i.e. the band of one ring and the mount of another etc).

I was too stupid (ga ga maybe?) over the stone, it never occurred to me to take a picture of it in the temporary jeweler's ring (you know the one that they use just to display it momentarily on your hand...don't know what it's called). I'm going to stop by just to take a picture though. Because I miss it... :: sigh ::

I would like for the wrap to be under the stone in the sense that I wouldn't be able to see it from the top (just from the side profile). I'd also like for the ring to be squared off on the inside (so it doesn't keep sliding). And because I come home late a lot on the subways, I'm going to have to turn my ring around at night, so I'd like for that part to be micro-paved...

I hope you guys can understand what I'm trying to convey!! lol.

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
I don't want the whole band paved...just a small section so that when I turn it around it's not completely plain....

Hope that makes sense.

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ms. Salvo! That one is my second runner upper. Hopefully it will work out even more gorgeous than that one! :)

I will definitely post some pics once I get an image (and hopefully when i go try it on again so i can snap some pics!)

What do you guys think of the attached? If you could weigh in with your opinions, it would be would be soooo helpful!! I'm so confused!

Attachments

• Combo.bmp
    1.6 MB · Views: 640

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Ok. So I'm reposting the pics so that it's legible. And I'm hoping that those with discerning tastes can help me make a more informed choice.

I would not want a micro-pave band however. The question then becomes, do I do a simple solitaire like this and then something special for the wedding band?

Attachments

• Ring 10 - Claws.bmp
    756.1 KB · Views: 591

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
How about this?

Attachments

• Ring 9.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 590

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
And this with a cushion?

Attachments

• Ring 12 - Band 2.bmp
    536.2 KB · Views: 591

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Okay- last one....

Attachments

• Ring 14a.bmp
    636.4 KB · Views: 590

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
You really should take a look at the link DiamondSeeker posted. The jbeg sounds just like what you are asking for - you will even see it with a photo of a band very close to the band you want.

In regards to your designs ...
1. I don't think pears look good with a rectangular cushion. They look amazing with square cushions though.
2. Not everyone can do claws like Leon. Yes, they are gorgeous. This design would be timeless.
3. Not sure about this setting with a rectangular. I personally think the wrap design looks best with rounds and maybe squares.

This design is also to die for ... with or without pave.
diamondeyering.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a Leon solitaire with your rectangular cushion would be gorgeous!

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
CharmyPoo|1299209393|2864355 said:
You really should take a look at the link DiamondSeeker posted. The jbeg sounds just like what you are asking for - you will even see it with a photo of a band very close to the band you want.

In regards to your designs ...
1. I don't think pears look good with a rectangular cushion. They look amazing with square cushions though.
2. Not everyone can do claws like Leon. Yes, they are gorgeous. This design would be timeless.
3. Not sure about this setting with a rectangular. I personally think the wrap design looks best with rounds and maybe squares.

This design is also to die for ... with or without pave.
diamondeyering.jpg

Thank you CharmyPoo. I did take a look at DiamondSeeker's links and she's been very helpful (and seems like a PS pro ;-) ) While it's very similar to what I think I want, I wanted the opinions of the other options as well :appl:

I love the design you included as well. My issue is I never want to upgrade (for sentimental reasons) and because of that, I'm having a very hard time committing to any one design because I'm afraid my tastes will change. And I've never been a PLAIN solitaire kind of gal so here I am begging others to help me make up my mind... :roll:

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
mrssalvo|1299214102|2864410 said:

Honestly Mrs Salvo, those claws are so clean, it makes me want to cry! Ugh...lol :love: But I'm just not big on the pave band..

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
WiN888|1299223931|2864456 said:
I saw designer Mark Morrell made something similar.
http://www.mwmjewelry.com/Work-2004/

Thank you Win! His solitaire baskets are so pretty... I may consider something along those lines if worse comes to worse and I do settle on a solitaire... :(

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sheherizaad|1299287602|2865054 said:
mrssalvo|1299214102|2864410 said:

Honestly Mrs Salvo, those claws are so clean, it makes me want to cry! Ugh...lol :love: But I'm just not big on the pave band..

have him make it as a plain solitaire. Boston Jeff's wife has a Leon with a cushion in his classic solitaire and it is stunning!! let me see if I can find a picture...

ETA: here's the link and pictures:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-26-cushion-old-mine-brilliant-leon-mege-solitaire.62389/?hilit=boston_jeff']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-26-cushion-old-mine-brilliant-leon-mege-solitaire.62389/?hilit=boston_jeff[/URL]

file.jpg file.jpg

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Ugh... Leon's work is stunning. If I didn't already love my jeweler Allen, I would totally go to him. But I love Allen (Bianca's Jewelry on 54th & Lex) and his work, but I'm sure he can do it as cleanly as Leon (I hope I don't get kicked out of PS for saying that! lol) :D

As promised ladies, here are some copies of my stone on the spring loaded temporary ring. I have an awesome video but i don't have anywhere where I can load the video so I'm afraid these sucky pictures will have to do...

Please tell me what you think!!! God knows I can use all the help I can get... :rolleyes:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Sheherizaad|1299202715|2864246 said:
And this with a cushion?

I don't know who this ring belongs to, but it seriously makes my heart go pitter patter :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I want to know more about this ring, so if anyone has links and/or knows who this beauty belongs to, I would really appreciate it!!!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Shoot...why isn't the pic showing? I am trying to comment on the beautiful round and baguette eternity band, but the pic does not allow me to copy/paste.

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Lil Misfit|1299382516|2865814 said:
Shoot...why isn't the pic showing? I am trying to comment on the beautiful round and baguette eternity band, but the pic does not allow me to copy/paste.

I'm afraid i don't remember her name, but I know I found her on the "Show me the Bling" thread. She also posted her own entry as well. I'm sure if you search for the word baguette and round and band, you'll find her. She stacked two of them and they just look so delicate and beautiful...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results