shape
carat
color
clarity

Need another opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wilhelre

Rough_Rock
After my last post I have found another diamond at the same jewler. I would like to get an idea of your opinion on this diamond and if the price stated is too high.

The jeweler is asking for $5,850. I am thinking this is a bit on the highside. I am thinking it should be more around $4,800 based on my research. Please send me any comparables you think would fit this as well.

Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.56 - 6.60 x 3.91 mm

Carat Weight: 1.03 carat
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade: Very Good
Proportions:
Depth: 59.4%
Table: 58%
Crown Angle: 33.0°
Crown Height: 13.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.4°
Pavilion Depth: 42.5%
Star length: 50%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted (3.0%)
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Comments: Clarity grade is based on a cloud that is not shown.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not that good. It will have obstruction issue.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Even is the price is right that one earns the vg cut grade being a shallow/shallow combo.
Might be ok in a pendant.

Also: Comments: Clarity grade is based on a cloud that is not shown. could be an issue.
A si cloud can impact the light return.

I would recommend finding a better cut stone online.

wilhelre

Rough_Rock
Strmdr:

Any stones of your liking comparable? In looking at the stone it was very clean which had me wondering why it was an SI1 not VS2. Is there a way to determine if a cloud impacts the light return? Would an idealscope help?

wilhelre

Rough_Rock
What would be the cause of the obstruction?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 8:45:29 PM
Author: wilhelre
What would be the cause of the obstruction?
shallow pavilion

IS would help but is not definite if a cloud is impacting performance.
A trained eye is the best tool for the job.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have time right now to hunt but will try to do so later tonight.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Wil,

You can do better than this one, it is highly probable the diamond will have obstruction issues as strm mentions, I would keep looking.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto the others - the ones strm posted are much nicer and will perform much better.

If you are really having difficulties finding the right stone, you can always contact one of the trusted PS vendors (WF, GOG, etc...), give them your parameters (price, size, color range, etc...) and ask them to search for you.

wilhelre

Rough_Rock
STRM-

In looking at the GIA report for the first diamond I see some lines on the plotted diamond for inclusions that I haven''t seen before. Would you have concerns with the amount shown and what would those look like in person? I am assuming ask WhiteFlash if it is eye clean.

Ryan

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
yap, ask WF if it is eye-clean is the best course. No way to really judge if a stone is eye-clean from the inclusion plot.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 12:04:15 AM
STRM-

In looking at the GIA report for the first diamond I see some lines on the plotted diamond for inclusions that I haven''t seen before. Would you have concerns with the amount shown and what would those look like in person? I am assuming ask WhiteFlash if it is eye clean.

Ryan
Strm will be on later if you would particularly like his opinion, I will make sure he sees this!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
STRM-

In looking at the GIA report for the first diamond I see some lines on the plotted diamond for inclusions that I haven't seen before. Would you have concerns with the amount shown and what would those look like in person? I am assuming ask WhiteFlash if it is eye clean.

Ryan
Twinning Wisp
See the bottom of this page for pictures and a description:
http://goodoldgold.com/4Cs/Clarity/InclusionGallery/

Yes ask about them but more than likely they are not an issue.
If they were dense enough to impact light return it might be an issue but it isn't likely they are that bad.

Thanks for the heads up Lorelei.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 3:43:24 AM
Author: strmrdr

STRM-

Ryan
Twinning Wisp
See the bottom of this page for pictures and a description:
http://goodoldgold.com/4Cs/Clarity/InclusionGallery/

Yes ask about them but more than likely they are not an issue.
If they were dense enough to impact light return it might be an issue but it isn''t likely they are that bad.

Thanks for the heads up Lorelei.
Welcome friend! Good morning!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results