shape
carat
color
clarity

Need adviser for this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

langtu2

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
I want to buy the following diamond but I don't know if it is the good buy or not?
summary:

round
weight 0.73 ct
clarity SI1
color F

This one is : GIA 1
but when I use "Cut Adviser" it give me 0.6 points with all Exellents (4)
and now I'm confuse if this one is good to buy or not? (GIA 1)

price is $2300
and I see another AGS 0 but cut adviser give 4 points !!!!

so I don't know if this one is as good as AGS 0 ???
I just wonder if the inclusions for this stone is too much (see the picture GIA Cert)

help please!

I see a lot of dust in this diamond but it is in grade SI1 ???? GIA Cert image

1146258-s.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The sarin data shows an amount of variation between the facet measurements...It would be interesting to see the optical symettry of your stone...

What is the asking price???

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you mean, Josh?

I am not sure what the 'dust' is. The inclusions which make this stone an SI, are quite strategically placed so as never to be seen (as far as the GIA report shows). Unless any of the inclusions (aside the 'natural' on girdle) are colored, they should be not visible without magnification or a desperate amount of crutiny. This should be a very fine stone!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In regards to si-1 clarity the “Eye Clean” term is given in representing stones which are given the grade being viewed in the face up position. Diamonds given the si1 grade can exhibit flaws which can be detected fairly easily under magnification , and their flaws may sometimes be visible without magnification when viewed from the backside or laterally.

Black specs are referred to as black crystal inclusions.Some inclusions are tiny black crystals which can be seen as thin flat inclusions which reflect light like a mirror. There are si-1 stones which have very small inclusions which may be faint, like small white feathers or small colorless crystals.

Faint inclusions such as white feathers are preferred over dark noticable inclusions which carry the same grade.White carbon spots whether clustered together or displayed as feathers are less likely to be eye-visible. Inclusions on the back of the stone are preferred to those located in the center or in the pavillion area which sometimes have a tendency to reflect and give the diamond the appearence of having more inclusions than which actually exist. Some diamonds which fall in the same grade are more "cherry" than others with respect to the amount and color of their inclusions and location. A little shopping around and a dependable trustworthy vendor you can save yourself a good amount of money and still not be able to notice the inclusions if their faint and if you get yourself a stone with a blinding cut quality.

Some si-1's are better than others depending on the size location and color of the inclusions

If the flaw is visible from the pavillion side and only from the pavillion side it will have the least adverse affect since it is least visible from the top.

If positioned near the girdle it will also be hard to see and hardly noticable from the top. This is the kind of flaw that can be hidden or covered by the prong of a ring.

langtu2

Rough_Rock
price is $2300
the cut adviser give 0.6 point for this, but it is GIA 1
and I see another AGS 0 but cut adviser give 4 points !!!!

so I don't know if this one is as good as AGS 0 ???
I just wonder if the inclusions for this stone is too much (see the picture GIA Cert)

help please!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 11/29/2003 8:58:17 PM valeria101 wrote:

What do you mean, Josh?

I am not sure what the 'dust' is. The inclusions which make this stone an SI, are quite strategically placed so as never to be seen (as far as the GIA report shows). Unless any of the inclusions (aside the 'natural' on girdle) are colored, they should be not visible without magnification or a desperate amount of crutiny. This should be a very fine stone!
----------------

Well Val...The plot is a general representation of the stone...Seeing in person is definitely the way to go...

As far as what I mean...Well Sometimes I get caught up in the best cut quality and tighest variances between the measured averages...

I am asking what the price is because it will be the main determing factor if Langtu2 can get a better cut quality for a better price using the pricescope search engine...

I am sure it is a beautiful stone..but in order to assess if the person is getting a stone with a fair price tag I wanted to know what the asking price was...
wavey.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's the Gia Plot Val..There are a couple inclusions near the edge of the star facet in about the 12 o'clock position and what looks to be a feather on the pav. side extending out towards the girdle...

Lang I think it would be a good idea to see this stone before purchasing...It may very well be eye-clean but if your a stickler on being able to see inclusions you should see the stone first or send it to an independent appraiser making the sale contingent upon verification...
wavey.gif

Not trying to scare you just listing some smart buying advice...
wacko.gif

langs plot.JPG

langtu2

Rough_Rock
thanks, but is it a fine stone?
or I better buy AGS0?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lang...You are going to have to do some of the leg work of shopping around to get the best value for your money..I did a search and came up with a couple stones which are Gia and AGS certed..One stone in particular is an AGS 0 stone with much tighter variances and falls within the ideal ags cut grade. It has both Ideal Symettry and Ideal Polish for about the same price as you are paying for this stone...

Here's the Link...

www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-548835.htm#

With that said you should shop around and compare...You can find a stone with a better cut quality for a comparable price...
wavey.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's the sarin...for the example stone on the link above...

sarin_GIA-13013713.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Couple of things which would be worth further investigating.

• There is what seems to be a large cavity on the pavilion side. Cavities are openings on the surface of the diamond which could lead to potential future damage.
  • The variances are pretty wild on this one with angles varying over 2 degrees.
  • On the GIA Report there is listed an *extremely thin* girdle. That plus the fact that there is a cavity on this stone explains the price of it.

My .02c

Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results