shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advise on this Marquise Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alkhe4life

Rough_Rock
Dear All

I recently began looking for the perfect Marquise Diamond for my GF. Was wondering if the specs and picture for this Marquise is optimal. Thank you everyone!

. Report: GIA
. Shape: Marquise
. Carat: 1.02
. Depth %: 61.2
. Table %: 60
. Girdle: Slightly Thick-Thick
. Measurements: 9.75-5.41X3.31
. Polish: Very Good
. Symmetry: Very Good
. Culet: None
. Fluorescence: None http://www.whiteflash.com/marquise/marquise-cut-diamond-2249398.htm

DI40X_GIA2106454493.jpg

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
I like the proportions on it. I guess I''d have to see it in real life or ask Whiteflash how noticeable the bow tie is in real life. Pictures can exaggerate it.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks nice.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There really are no optimal specs for marquise cuts, do you have the ASET image please? Whiteflash routinely provide them so if you could post it that would be helpful.

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to be awkward.....

I think that the table size may turn out to be too large, resulting in less "life" from the stone.
I would be looking for a table 54-57%.

I also think that with such a long shape, the depth is too shallow to envisage how you could get exceptional light return.
I would be looking for a depth between 62-64%.

I'm sure that there'll be people come along and say "you can't judge by numbers" yet those same people will dismiss other shapes purely on the numbers.
I appreciate that there are many variations, especially in fancy shapes, but if the diamonds "backbone" isn't ideal, it doesn't matter what the cutter does; it can never be a star performer.
My money says this stone is 7/10; good, but not dynamite.
The faults probably will be that it is slightly lacking in fire and probably slightly reduced brightness.

alkhe4life

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply all. Any more would be welcomed.

*I will take FB''s advice and have Whiteflash find a diamond with the Spec he advised and post comparison pictures.

*Also tried to post the ASET picture but something funky with Pricescope uploading picture function right now.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2010 12:19:33 PM
Author: alkhe4life

*I will take FB's advice and have Whiteflash find a diamond with the Spec he advised and post comparison pictures.

*Also tried to post the ASET picture but something funky with Pricescope uploading picture function right now.
I just want to offer a caution here, if you find a marquise you love that has numbers outside of suggested range then please don't dismiss it because of that. You could find you prefer a marquise with a smaller table or you might not but let your eyes guide you, also there are other important considerations such as the shape of the stone has to be visually pleasing to you, also the bow tie factor and so on.

If you cannot post the photo then email admin and they will help you

Also are you looking for a marquise in particular or other shapes such as cushions?
1.gif

alkhe4life

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 12:27:19 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 3/1/2010 12:19:33 PM
Author: alkhe4life

*I will take FB''s advice and have Whiteflash find a diamond with the Spec he advised and post comparison pictures.

I just want to offer a caution here, if you find a marquise you love that has numbers outside of suggested range then please don''t dismiss it because of that. You could find you prefer a marquise with a smaller table or you might not but let your eyes guide you, also there are other important considerations such as the shape of the stone has to be visually pleasing to you, also the bow tie factor and so on.

If you cannot post the photo then email admin and they will help you

Also are you looking for a marquise in particular or other shapes such as cushions?
1.gif
My GF told me she wanted a Marquise ever since we began dating(4 years ago). :).
I did alot of reseach and it seems Depth and Table should be around the high 50 to low 60 range. Any other advice on this?

*I do like the LtoW ratio on this diamond.
*I just want to make sure the VS2 is eye clean and also very sparklely(who doesn''t right?) :). I am asuming the ASET should be able to show how much it sparkles correct? Will try to upload the picture again later in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results