shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED ADVICE - PROPOSAL

onidracs

Rough_Rock
I have the proposal all worked out. The end of September we have a trip to Alaska planned. I had intended to charter a flightseeing tour with a landing at a glacier and propose to her there. We travel a lot and I always carry snacks candies something of the sort. In case one of us needs something to hold us over till we get back from adventuring. I had some M&M's printed. I was going to hand her them in this order. (Cecille) (I love you) (with all my heart) then the traditional down on one knee as I handed her the last one (will you marry me). With a back up plan of a romantic night at the cabin in case of bad weather.
Here comes the part I need advice on. I was just told this morning that we are having a baby. Should I propose early? The proposal is a suprise. I'm afraid if I wait it will look as though I only planned it because of the baby. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
First of all, congratulations on both the upcoming proposal and the good news about being pregnant!

I think your plans sound good. Will she be far enough along in September to cause any issues? (Reluctance to travel, morning sickness, what have you)?

You know her better than we do. I think if you threw away your special plans it could seem like the proposal was exactly that: rushed because of a pregnancy. She's not going anywhere. I figure you guys have talked about marriage and she knows you want to be with her forever?

If the engagement is what she needs to feel secure in a new pregnancy, and have that feeling that you aren't going anywhere, maybe propose earlier. If she's comfortable in your commitment and likes romantic getaways and exciting surprises, stick with your plans.

I do think the M&M thing could be cute or could be silly. Are those candies a special or significant thing with you two? Otherwise it's a lot to focus on when you're standing on a glacier. And then she might not want to eat them. Do you have a way to store them safely for posterity?

Fun stuff to think about! But the big thing is how secure she feels without an engagement immediately after the baby news.

onidracs

Rough_Rock
There are eight ounces of the M&M's so there will be plenty to keep. They are a common thing for me to carry when traveling. We do a lot of traveling sight seeing. She always looks at me about halfway through an outing and with her cute little accent asks "sweetie do you have any chocolate". I found a small plastic tube just the right size to keep them in the right order and handy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results