shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice/opinion on round 1.5 carat diamond

pgilbert

Rough_Rock
Dear Experts,

I would need your valuable opinion/advice regarding a diamond.My search for a excellent diamond didnt end yet :(
Could you please let me know if its a good diamond . HCA score is 2.4 .
Here are the details
Carat 1.53
Round diamond ,E color ,VVS1,XXX ,No flourescense
Table : 57% Depth : 61.7% Crown Angle :35 Pavilion Angle :41

Many thanks in advance. Regards

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pgilbert|1485888156|4122383 said:
Dear Experts,

I would need your valuable opinion/advice regarding a diamond.My search for a excellent diamond didnt end yet :(
Could you please let me know if its a good diamond . HCA score is 2.4 .
Here are the details
Carat 1.53
Round diamond ,E color ,VVS1,XXX ,No flourescense
Table : 57% Depth : 61.7% Crown Angle :35 Pavilion Angle :41

Many thanks in advance. Regards

Can you get an idealscope image?

pgilbert

Rough_Rock
Dear tyty333,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately i dont have ideascope image .I got the details from dealor .
All i know are the above details plus it has no culet ,with medium faceted girdle 3.5% and measurements are 7.41-7.42 * 4.58mm

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
pgilbert|1485894720|4122450 said:
Dear tyty333,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately i dont have ideascope image .I got the details from dealor .
All i know are the above details plus it has no culet ,with medium faceted girdle 3.5% and measurements are 7.41-7.42 * 4.58mm

See if your dealer can provide you with IS images. It sounds like a reasonable GIA XXX stone (I'm presuming it is GIA graded given you mentioned XXX in the original post). I'm more curious about the actual angle data for the crown and pavillion angles. Can the dealer provide you with the GIA report number?

pgilbert

Rough_Rock
Dear bmfang ,

Thank you for your reply.I managed to get the GIA number .Its 1186083365.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, for me the next step is to view images of the diamond in normal light followed by any Idealscope and ASET images that your dealer can provide. Given GIA's propensity to round up/down certain numbers on their reports, I'm unwilling to comment any further without seeing what the stone actually looks like. Inclusion plot however is beautiful with those pinpoints pavilion side. :D

For the record, I'm the type of guy who would be looking for stones that fall within super-ideal cut proportions. There are others on here who are more tolerant of proportions that are slightly outside of those super-ideal proportions. The crown and pavilion angles are a little higher than what I'd usually accept based on paperwork alone (I generally prefer 34.8/40.8-40.9 maximum angles).

pgilbert

Rough_Rock
This is the only picture i managed to get from the dealor.Thanks in advance for your guidance.

_38995.jpg

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you willing to share what the price is? I'm not sure that single image really helps with decision making. You said above that the HCA is 2.4- the HCA is used as a rejection tool and a score less than 2 is preferred.

pgilbert

Rough_Rock
The price quoted is $ 19950 (USD) .Im confused ..HCA score of 2.4 is kind of pulling me back as i want a excellent stone with excellent sparkle ..but price is bit tempting ..im not a pro or expert ..still learning and trying to gain knowledge through this wonderful forum and experts here.
In my old post i have been advised by "MissGotRocks" to aim for below numbers
"Depth up to 62.2
Crown 34-35
Pavilion 40.6-40.9
Table 55-58"

The diamond meets these numbers except that Pavilion angle is 41 degrees, but the HCA score is below 2 :s
very confused about considering HCA score in decision making.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.4 is over ( not under) 2, so it would normally be excluded by pricescopers. Stones scoring less than 2 would normally get deeper scrutiny like ASET or idealscope imaging, video, etc.

Can your dealer get you stones with the parameters given above?

pgilbert

Rough_Rock
Thank you Ringo865,

Apologies for the typo ("but the HCA score is below 2 :s") i mean HCA score is above 2 .
Well im not sure if the dealor can provide stone with mentioned parameters ..need to check that.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Any reason for such a high colour clarity combo. You can get much cheaper, likely superior cut diamonds for far less money while still remaining eye clean with a high colour.

Are you tied to this vendor? Is this the same vendor as before?

The price for that stone is probably roundabout right, but I think it's unnecessary to pay that for a 1.5carat where about 4 thousand of that is paying for invisible things that don't benefit the overall look of the stone.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3785263.htm

Bear mind this is premium super ideal. If you wanted to shop around and got an ideal cut stone that's F VS2 for even cheaper, that's possible. Still a lot cheaper than 19K. Very very few people will tell the difference between E and F. Eye clean VS2 and VVS1, no one will ever tell the difference with a naked eye.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results