shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on this lab diamond please!

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
I joined PS many years ago and have loved looking at all the beautiful pieces that other members have posted and discussed. I haven't posted a "help" question in a very longtime, and I really could use some expert advice. I purchased, with return option, an EC Lab created diamond from Brilliant Earth. It's a lovely stone but was described as "Super Ideal" cut. I have no idea how to tell if it really is and the grading report certainly doesn't say that. I bought it because it was within my budget( just under $5500 ) and I already have a setting for it. I would never have been able to afford a man made diamond of this color, clarity and size. I'm attaching ( I hope)a copy of the IGI report. Is it a keeper? I do really like it. I'm just nervous about over spending when my bling budget is so limited, and what I know about a good diamond wouldn't even fill a thimble. I just see shiny things and my eyes glaze over and all common sense just flies out the window.:oops2:
I tried to attach the report but it didn't work. I'm hopeless when it comes to anything tech related ! If anyone has the time to view it on the IGI site, its LG11102407.

Attachments

• LG11102407.pdf Emerald Cut Diamond.pdf
    188.3 KB · Views: 147

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
This comes back as AGS 1A. Pretty damn good. It looks to be beautifully cut.

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Hi Runningmama,

Thank you for your input. My head is spinning over this. I have even been looking at the new Certified moissanites (which we aren't supposed to discuss here, I know) and reading about how MMD aren't going to hold any value for resale and I'm just really nervous about this purchase! Thanks for taking the time to look at the report. I really, really appreciate it.
jeanie

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
Ive had a moissy and while beautiful, it doesn’t give you that “mind clean” feeling like a diamond does. And here’s the thing. NO one knows what value lab diamonds will hold, but even if they hold nothing you are losing less than you would in the re-sale of a mined diamond of the same weight and state. Get the stone because you love it, not because you’re thinking of someday selling it.

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
This diamond would be a long term purchase. I have learned , the hard way, that any jewelry purchase is easy to buy and not-so-easy to resell...unless you are prepared to lose money on it. You made a very good point about the resale value of an equivalent earth mined diamond and one that I had not even considered. That’s exactly why I posted here, to get different points of view from knowledgeable members. Thanks a bunch.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results