shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on this 1.5 carat!

pineapplecakes

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I'm back, after a brief hiatus from diamond hunting. I wanted to get your opinion on this stone before I pull the trigger. Would also appreciate any recommendations from the experts here! Hoping to order from James Allen.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, and welcome back!
So, this diamond has blue nuance and will appear a bit teal/gray in person. Some people like that, some do not. The cut is lovely, so if the blue tinge is pleasing to your eyes, I'd say go for it. If not, do you have a budget in mind?

pineapplecakes

Rough_Rock
Hello, and welcome back!
So, this diamond has blue nuance and will appear a bit teal/gray in person. Some people like that, some do not. The cut is lovely, so if the blue tinge is pleasing to your eyes, I'd say go for it. If not, do you have a budget in mind?

I wouldve never known that! Thank you so much! I definitely dont want that blue tint. My budget is around $2500.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
This diamond has a bare
I wouldve never known that! Thank you so much! I definitely dont want that blue tint. My budget is around $2500
For the lower colors, G and under, they are starting to state there is "faint blue" on the lab report, but fail to do so for F+. Some blue nuance in colorless graded stones won't really show up in real life, and sometimes it will, so the videos become very important. The lab report for the diamond you posted does disclose the blue, they just state "faint blue" under the comments section.
labreport.png

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

pineapplecakes

Rough_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

pineapplecakes

Rough_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much! Is this stone better you think (other than color of course) than the Adiamor stone up above?

For me, personally, I will always opt for a clean and non-tinted (meaning color nuanced) HPHT over any CVD.
I can see some very slight growth graining in the super magnified rotational view of the 1.60 G, but I know that I likely wouldn't be able to see it with my normal unaided vision (it would be in my mind, which is why I would choose HPHT).

The price on the G is more palatable for your budget - and I don't think you'll have anything to worry about if you're not color sensitive to the ever so slight twinge of brown tint (normal for a CVD diamond).

I recommend that you look at both diamonds as shown on the GCAL website and scrutinize them to determine which one looks better to your eyes.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much! Is this stone better you think (other than color of course) than the Adiamor stone up above?

To play devil's advocate, the inclusion under the table on the E, being on one of the arrows, would make it not mind-clean for me. It would be visible to my eyes at this size. Just my opinion if I were buying for myself. I agree with DejaWiz's suggestion to view all the images and videos of both stones on GCAL's website to help make your decision.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That speck in the E will be very difficult to see on a diamond with a 7.1mm diameter...that speck is super tiny. It may very well be visible under just the right lighting and viewing condition, but it's something that you'll actively have to be searching for from a very close distance.

pineapplecakes

Rough_Rock
That speck in the E will be very difficult to see on a diamond with a 7.1mm diameter...that speck is super tiny. It may very well be visible under just the right lighting and viewing condition, but it's something that you'll actively have to be searching for from a very close distance.

Can you help me @DejaWiz decide between these two diamonds? Would love your expertise!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you help me @DejaWiz decide between these two diamonds? Would love your expertise!

Not DejaWiz, but the angles of the 1.62 are not as complementary as on the 1.60. You can see the beginnings of a dark ring under the table between the arrows.

pineapplecakes

Rough_Rock
Not DejaWiz, but the angles of the 1.62 are not as complementary as on the 1.60. You can see the beginnings of a dark ring under the table between the arrows.

Thank you so much @Kim N - im getting ready to pull the trigger on the 1.60. Do you think that is a good buy or should I keep looking? I'm hoping to wear this one for awhile

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @Kim N - im getting ready to pull the trigger on the 1.60. Do you think that is a good buy or should I keep looking? I'm hoping to wear this one for awhile

I think it's a beautiful diamond and an excellent buy. It has arguably "perfect" proportions and is a really clean VS2, and the light performance couldn't be better. Adiamor has a great return policy, so you can check it out in person with no risk. If you're still deciding, I'd at least put it on hold so it doesn't get sniped.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a beautiful diamond and an excellent buy. It has arguably "perfect" proportions and is a really clean VS2, and the light performance couldn't be better. Adiamor has a great return policy, so you can check it out in person with no risk. If you're still deciding, I'd at least put it on hold so it doesn't get sniped.

Agree with everything Kim N stated, pineapplecakes !

pineapplecakes

Rough_Rock

Thank you!! I went for it. The value seemed great for the quality. Chose a Tiffany solitaire replica sold by Adiamor to house the diamond. Look forward to sharing pictures!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! I went for it. The value seemed great for the quality. Chose a Tiffany solitaire replica sold by Adiamor to house the diamond. Look forward to sharing pictures!

Fantastic! Can't wait to see your photos.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results