carat
color
clarity

Need Advice on Matching a Wedding Band

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

I bought a 3.83ct J VS1 Carre Cut Art Deco ring some time ago because I loved the setting and the cut. However, after several months, the prongs started bending and it became more apparent that the setting was not in as good a shape as I thought. I'm having the ring and diamonds reset so that I feel safe wearing it again. Trouble is that I have no idea what band, if any band, I should pair with it. What are your opinions?

Mikla IMG_6840.JPG 2018-09-04 16.23.22.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you want to pair it with a band so you look married id just use a very plain white gold/ platinum band - not too thin and not too wide but with zero embellishment
that ring is just beautiful and as headlight says it doesn't need a band

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it was my ring I wouldn't wear a band with it. So beautiful on its own, doesn't need anything else :love:

Just curious...are you fixing the existing setting, or getting a new one? If a new one, are you recreating this setting?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want a band, something like the pix below may work, you could have it made with any cut of diamond, I would use baguettes personally, you could have it made to fit around your ring which is stunning gorgeous and classy.

curved.jpg

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone! These are great ideas! Junebug, I wanted to have the setting refurbished but the baguettes weren't set straight, so I'm having Steven Kirsch recreate this same setting.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone! These are great ideas! Junebug, I wanted to have the setting refurbished but the baguettes weren't set straight, so I'm having Steven Kirsch recreate this same setting.

Ah ok @Mikla, sounds great! I'm glad you're recreating the setting, I love it.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do a plain or engraved band with it, nothing with diamonds. I think adding any diamonds will detract from it.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think a 2mm engraved band would be beautiful with your ring. No diamonds as your ring is the star!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
It stands on it's own. No band will do it justice!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd do as @Niel suggests and go for a plain, high-karat yellow gold. That's an amazing ring and it more than holds its own.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Once this project is complete we will, of course, request pictures!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you want to pair it with a band so you look married id just use a very plain white gold/ platinum band - not too thin and not too wide but with zero embellishment
that ring is just beautiful and as headlight says it doesn't need a band

This. Just a plain band. Either in a matching metal or as @Niel suggested, who has the GREATEST eye for jewellery in the history of the world, a high 18ct or 22ct yellow gold band. Classy & regal.

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Steven is supposed to finish polishing today and ship the ring out. I'll definitely post more pictures when I receive it, and with various bands. He did send me some movies (.mov). Am I able to post those here? Using Upload a File didn't allow me to pick those .mov files, just the .jpeg file.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
What about a smaller carre cut band? (I really like to wear a band so understand if you didn’t want to go without). Or maybe square french cuts?

Btw, your ring is stunning.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This. Just a plain band. Either in a matching metal or as @Niel suggested, who has the GREATEST eye for jewellery in the history of the world, a high 18ct or 22ct yellow gold band. Classy & regal.
:oops::oops::oops: Awe shucks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results