shape
carat
color
clarity

need advice on diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chambord99

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Could I get some advice on the diamond below? Is it a good diamond? How much is it worth? 53% table concerns me a little. I was told that it''s really borderline ideal cut, because 53% is in the outer ideal range. Thanks!!

According to GIA report.
Size 1.5ct
Color: F
Clarity:VS2
Cut: Ideal
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellend

Depth: 62.1%
Table: 53%
Crown: 34.5
Angle: 40.8
Girdle: Thin to Med
Fluorescence: None

H&A inscription

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks promising from the numbers.

chambord99

Rough_Rock
what would be a good price for something like this? thanks!

chambord99

Rough_Rock
thanks for sending those. i tried to find comparables for that diamond but didn''t see many diamonds with a table of 53%, so not sure i am comparing apples to apples when i look at ones with 57% table.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are too obsessed with the table my friend
2.gif
Table does not directly affect price in the way you seem to think. What is the actual cut grade on the cert? There is no GIA "Ideal". It will be listed as either "Very Good" or "Excellent", which is the top grade.

Also, although it has H&A inscribed, that does not mean it is actually an H&A. To determine that you will need to see hearts and arrows images. Without seeing those images, you should not pay the premium that you would for a verified H&A.

So before we can tell what the best price is, please provide the Cut grade by GIA and let us know if there are hearts and arrows images available.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i love small tables
30.gif
what is the crown height on this stone?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2010 9:27:24 PM
Author:chambord99
Hi,

Could I get some advice on the diamond below? Is it a good diamond? How much is it worth? 53% table concerns me a little. I was told that it''s really borderline ideal cut, because 53% is in the outer ideal range. Thanks!!

According to GIA report.
Size 1.5ct
Color: F
Clarity:VS2
Cut: Ideal
Symmetry: Excellend

Crown: 34.5
Angle: 40.8
Girdle: Thin to Med

H&A inscription
Hi Chambord

The table size is fine, nothing to worry about. The basic proportions are excellent, an Idealscope image would tell us more about how it all works together. Also it says h&a, if you are concerned that the stone is in fact h&a then images of both hearts and arrows would be needed, ask the vendor.

chambord99

Rough_Rock
Hi,

This is the GIA report for the diamond, is it worth $13,300? Table size blue niles has for signature ideal cut is 55% to 57%, so this one actually falls out of the range. Based on Bule Nile this would be an ideal cut diamond and not signature ideal. Ideal cut diamond on blue niles has GIA report with excellents in all the categories as well. There''s actually a subtantial difference in price b/w signature ideal and ideal on blue nile. Hence I not sure if $13,300 is a good price for the rock, given that it would be an ideal cut and not a signature ideal cut. thanks.

GIA Report Check
GIA Report Number: 2115588767
Report Type: GIA Diamond Grading Report
Date of Issue: January 20, 2010
Laser Inscription Registry: 2115588767
Round Brilliant
Measurements: 7.35 - 7.39 x 4.58 mm

Carat Weight: 1.50 carat
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: VS2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Proportions:
Crown Angle: 34.5¢X
Crown Height: 16.0%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8¢X
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 45%
Lower Half: 75%
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted (3.0%)
Culet: None
Finish:
Symmetry: Excellent
Comments: Pinpoints are not shown.Surface graining is not shown.
Additional Inscription: [MAPLE LEAF OUTLINE SYMBOL] H&A

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting the info Chambord.

The diamond has excellent proportions but we can't judge the overall cut of the stone without images or tell whether you would like it. BN do offer a 30 day return period so you can see the stone for yourself. What I would do is look at some well cut stones from a store like Jareds ( AGS0 Peerless brand) if there is one closeby to see how this one compares, see if you can find some with table sizes that are a little larger within 55 - 75% as an example so you can see which you prefer.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks nice on JA.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2010 12:53:42 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Looks nice on JA.
It does indeed.

chambord99

Rough_Rock
That''s interesting... I saw it at a store in NYC, was trying to find comps on BN? How much was it on JA? I don''t see the price. thanks.

chambord99

Rough_Rock
dreamer_dachsie - how much was it on the JA site? I couldn''t see the price. thanks!

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
It says the diamond is no longer available... no price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results