shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advice on diamond for engagement ring

kvan99

Rough_Rock
Hi folks, I've been reading up on diamonds here for a few weeks..I'm very grateful, I learned a ton from you guys. I was wondering if you can give me some feed back regarding a diamond I'm looking to buy, also I have a verriago setting that I bought online at a great price that I'm hoping to set the stone too. First, is this a good stone for the price, second, will it be an issue for a jeweller to set a 1.42 carat in ring that normally accepts 1.25? Thank you all in advance! The diamond I found is at Diamondsontheweb here is the info:

" I " color GIA certified 1.42 Carat, EX Sym, EX polish, Cut is Signature ideal, no flourecence depth 62.6% Table 56% Price: $7900.00.

v-eur-8017.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
that diamond scores 4.4 on HCA (usually want to look for rounds that score below 2).

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
for diamonds, there are many trusted vendors here. check out the vendor list on PS and i''m sure someone will help you find what you''re looking for. also, if you list specific characteristics of the diamond you want (price range, color, clarity, size, etc) many PSers will find you great stones.

the setting is absolutely gorgeous!

kvan99

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the feed back and HCA score....I called WF and was abel to get a stone for around the same price that scored 1.7 on the HCA scale...haven't bought it yet but I put a hold on it.
carat - 1.43
cut -ex
polish -ex
symme -ex
flour -none
cutlet -none
measure- 7.21x 7.27x 4.52
crown -36%
Pavillion -40.6%

thank you and happy 4th!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks promising from the numbers. Idealscope image?

CMC

Rough_Rock
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond.php? ... leResult=1

looks like a fabulous stone... it scores 1.3 on HCA too. I just bought a stone from GOG and it's stunning. GOG was really great to work with too. The price is a little higher than you posted so I'm not sure if I've found something outside of your budget

kvan99

Rough_Rock
Thanks folks, Stonecold here are the picture of the diamond you've asked about...also CMC thank you for the other diamond lead but 10K is a little higher than my original 8k budget. I'm not sure if this stone is agood or not for the price..there are some crystals and a needle in the AGS report.
Regards,
KV

DI40X_GIA5106662705.jpg

DI40XG_GIA5106662705.jpg

AST_GIA5106662705.jpg

IS_GIA5106662705.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Slight leakage in the 1 o'clock region, should not be noticeable to a normal stereoscopic vision. No obstruction issue.

EDT:
Can you post the GIA report number?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The WF stone looks very nice. Is it eye clean? What is the color and clarity? I suspect that on close inspection in some lighting you *may* be able to see the inclusion that is over the arrow. Ask them and see what they say and then decide if it meets your needs.

Have you bought the verragio setting? Do you plan to have WF set the stone? Ask the vendors about setting your diamond into a "too small" setting, it may or may not work. The diamond you are considering is about .4mm larger than a 1.25 which is actually quite a bit.

kvan99

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for the quick replys, here is GIA report: 5106662705. Thank you for the heads up on the setting..I've already bought it, I asked the vendor before he said 1.4 carat should be able to be fitted in that setting....? I guess I can call Verragio and ask.
Regards,
KV

kvan99

Rough_Rock
Sorry Dreamer forgot to answer your question...the diamond is 1.43 carat, "I" color VS2...EX cut, EX polish and EX symm. HCA score 1.7.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ok sounds good! where do you plan to get it set...sending it to WF or having a local jeweler set it?

kvan99

Rough_Rock
I think I may have to send it to Verragio to preserve the warranty on the ring and band.

kvan99

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, Hopeyou can help me, I just noticed the sarin report for the above diamond, the crown and pavillion numbers are a bit differnet which caused the HCA score to be around 4.3 instead of 1.8. Is it possible the GIA and Sarin report be that off from one another and which one is really correct? Thank you in advance, again
KV

CI_AGS-7416006.jpg

Sarin.JPG

kvan99

Rough_Rock
Can anyone please explain the difference in the Sarin Vs GIA report?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Scanner error. GIA generally more accurate but rounded in 0.2 degrees step. If idealscope image has not leakage, then forget about the HCA score.

kvan99

Rough_Rock
Thank you Stone-cold....

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't matter, the Ideal Scope image is excellent. Very pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results