shape
carat
color
clarity

~Need Advice From Pros~ Diamond Stud Earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SuperShick

Rough_Rock
Hey PS community,

I''ve been doing A LOT of searching recently because I wanted to finally spring from some "sparkle" for my gf of 5 years. It''s going to be our anniversary soon so I figure I''d buy some. I''ve got a few questions for the community before I make a purchase.

Background:
I don''t have much to spend, up to approximately $500. I want to buy the best diamond for that money.

Questions:

1.) I''m most worried about "tcw" right now. I feel that if I buy a 0.33tcw vs a 0.5tcw, that it might be too small =/ (sorry for sounding so newbie and shallow, but i''ve been influenced by my cousin that keeps telling me size MATTERS)

2.) I''ve been looking at www.diamondstudsonly.com . Are they a reputable online seller? Anyone heard of them or done business with them?

3.) I''m deciding between 0.5tcw, I1 clarity, G-I color, and good cut. They don''t have cut percentages available I think.
The other one I''m deciding is 0.375tcw, SI2 clarity, G-I color with Very Good cut rating. In the end, I''m thinking the 0.375 will be more brilliant but it''s going to be smaller. What do you guys think?

4.) Are there any more reputable online vendors that sell in my price range with the size I''m looking for? Whiteflash is soooo nice but it''s so pricey. I can''t afford such nice diamonds yet.

Any advice would be noteworthy and I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much =)

-Chris

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YOu can run a search on diamondstudsonly. I believe someone posted on PS about a pair they received, returned, and then bought elsewhere.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WF has the ready set go studs and they are in your price range. I like the martini ready set go studs.

SuperShick

Rough_Rock
But 0.3tcw is so small though right?

And how do I know the clarity, the color, the cut at WF? It doesn''t seem to give that information =/

SuperShick

Rough_Rock
Julie,

0.4tcw would not be a problem. In fact, for 500 dollars, that''s not bad at all. =) Can you direct me to where some reputable ones are?

-Chris

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I have the same earrings that Julie posted (and if you do a search on ''wallermama earrings'' you can see actual ear shots on the first person to find these) I have the .30 tcws and they arent that small! With the bezel (which is exactly like Tiffany''s) it''s a beautiful diamond. I wear mine everyday!

SuperShick

Rough_Rock
At diamondstudsonly.com, I was looking at these two:

http://www.diamondstudsonly.com/detail.cfm?sku=40BR_G-I_SI2_WG4PFB

or this one

http://www.diamondstudsonly.com/detail.cfm?sku=50BR_G-I_I1_WG4PFB

I''m thinking the 0.5tcw wouldn''t look so good as the cut is only rated "good" on the certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results